Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shauna605 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Ceiling fan with remote not working
    I have a Hunter ceiling fan that is not working. The fan is remote-controlled; it does not have a pull-chain. It also has a switch on the wall, over which the remote can mount for storage. I tried to turn the fan on using the wall switch and heard a slight "pop." Now, no combination of the wall switch or buttons on the remote will convince the fan or light to turn on. We've ruled out a tripped breaker switch and tried replacing the remote batteries, but that's about all we know how to do.
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Sep 1, 2008, 04:40 PM
    How long have you had your fan? It may still be under warranty, from what you described the "Pop" you heard may have been an internal fuze on your canopy remote. Do you have the model # of your fan, you might be eligible for a fan replacement if it is still under warranty. Hunter Fan - Customer Care Center
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 06:54 PM
    There are no internal fuses on ceiling fans. It sounds like the receiver has failed. Use the link above or Hunter Fan to contact Hunter customer support.

Sep 1, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I had the same issues with my fan. I called the company... they sent me an easy fix for free. I just described what was happening and the operator knew exactly what the problem was. The fuze I had referred to is in fact inside the remote unit, which is under the fan canopy. If you are unfamiliar with electronic repairs, I would definitely contact customer support, for free replacement remote.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Yes, the entire receiver has to be replaced. Sometimes they will try to charge you for it.

Sep 2, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Yes, the entire receiver has to be replaced. Sometimes they will try to charge you for it.
    There is nothing to "charge" in the receiver, anyone that says they are charging your receiver is a scam artist.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Charge as in $$. Sometimes they won't send you a new one for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote not working [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved into a new home and all of the fans have remotes. The one in the master BR does not control the fan. We have to shut it off with the switch. The light is on, so we cannot run the fan at night which is when we like to have it on. The remote model #uc7o8ot. I do not know for...

Smc ceiling fan remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 20 year old SMC brand ceiling fan w/an add on remote that suddenly stopped working. New batteries mad no difference. Is SMC still in business? The model # for the remote is RC-118. Any suggestions?

Ceiling fan remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

How do I determine if the ceiling fan remote is working,it is a halsey ceiling fan. Replaced battery and still won't work

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan not working with Receiver/Remote [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a remote. I was able to put up the fan and it works along with the lights. When I tried installing the receiver on the fan, the fan will not work, with the remote, nor manually, as almost like no power is going to it... As soon as I remove the...

Ceiling Fan Remote not working [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan last year today it wouldn't come on and I noticed the red wire is out of the back of the remote.. is there any way to fix that.. or should I just go buy a new remote... Thanks for any help. :)

View more questions Search