Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendy1959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Garage door won't stay closed
    We just replaced our garage door. We kept the old spring; pulley; wires and frame. However, when we hooked up the wire it either came off the pully or when closing the door it would re-open 6-10 inches. How can we adjust the door to remain closed and on the wire on the pulley?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 05:21 PM
    What type of spring so you have, expansion or torsion bar. Show us a picture.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 06:43 PM
    We need to know hich you have to be able to offere advice. I respectfully sub mit that, if this is a torsion spring, that you can in a pro. Someone who does not work on these very pften has a fair chance of injury or death. An extension spring can bite you be rarely kills. What you got?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Garage Door Opener has rubber burning smell when opened & Closed [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Allister Access 3000 1/3 HP series garage door opener. I noticed a sort of a rubber burning smell when opening and closing the door. It is a pretty strong odor. When flipping through the assembly & installation guide, it does not show the motor as having any belts (the door control is...

Sears Kenmore Dryer door won't stay closed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer. The dryer door will not stay fully closed during the entire dryer cycle. During the dryer cycle, it will pop open and of course the dryer stops functioning. There is a small metal piece that protrudes from the door frame, which is supposed to fit into a...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search