Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHRISTOPHEROBIN Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Sep 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    It does not appear that Christopher is a Catholic so let's not bring denominationalism into this.
    I was baptised Catholic when I was a baby, but not by my own choice.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTOPHEROBIN
    I was baptised Catholic when i was a baby, but not by my own choice.
    Have you repudiated your Catholic faith?

Sep 5, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Catholic faith? I personally don't believe any church is correct.Finding God is through faith in Jesus,not a church.

Sep 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Catholic faith? I personally dont believe any church is correct.Finding God is through faith in Jesus,not a church.
    You have to go through Jesus Christ, not some religious organization.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Catholic faith? I personally dont believe any church is correct.Finding God is through faith in Jesus,not a church.
    That is correct. Jesus did not start a denomination.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Catholic faith? I personally don't believe any church is correct.
    Doesn't that belief contradict Scripture?
    1 Timothy 3 15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Finding God is through faith in Jesus,not a church.
    Why did Jesus establish a Church then? And why did Jesus give His Church the mandate to teach and to baptize if He didn't want people to come to faith through His Church?

How do you get to faith in Jesus without the Church anyway?

Sincerely,

De Maria

Sep 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Doesn't that belief contradict Scripture?
    1 Timothy 3 15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Why did Jesus establish a Church then? And why did Jesus give His Church the mandate to teach and to baptize if He didn't want people to come to faith through His Church?

How do you get to faith in Jesus without the Church anyway?

Sincerely,

De Maria
    When Jesus referred to the"church" he was speaking of the body of believers , not a particular denomination.YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2008, 05:21 PM
    When Jesus referred to the"church" he was speaking of the body of believers , not a particular denomination.
    If that is true, when Jesus said:
    Matthew 18 17 And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.

Do we have to gather all the believers to fulfill that command? Or did He mean a particular Church?

YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD.
    Sure is. But how do you get to faith in Jesus without the Church?

Sincerely,

De Maria

Sep 5, 2008, 06:02 PM
    If that is true, when Jesus said:
    Matthew 18 17 And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.

Do we have to gather all the believers to fulfill that command? Or did He mean a particular Church?

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Why would you need a church to have faith.To me needing a church to believe is a lack of faith.What is this church that you speak of?Catholic church?Its not mentioned in the Bible anywhere.Besides Jesus started Judaism, jewish religion.Catholic is latin which means universal.Catholic is gentile.surely this isn't the church you speak of?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 05:36 AM
    How did the Apostle Paul?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
    How did the Apostle Paul?
    Paul was converted by Jesus Christ, Himself.

But Paul then turned around and joined the Church. The first thing he did was to go and be baptized:
    Acts 9
    17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house. And laying his hands upon him, he said: Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus hath sent me, he that appeared to thee in the way as thou camest; that thou mayest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. 18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and rising up, he was baptized.

Is this typical, or is Paul the exception to the rule? Were you knocked off your horse by Jesus Christ and then you became Christian? Or did a Christian preach to you, a Church member, perhaps even your mother or father and then you became Christian?

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Paul was converted by Jesus Christ, Himself.
    So He did not need your denomination or any other. That was the point.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 12:10 PM
    So He did not need your denomination or any other. That was the point.
    And he is the exception, that is the point. Were you knocked off a horse by Jesus Christ before you became a Christian? Yes or no.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 12:35 PM
    And he is the exception, that is the point.
    That is your claim - but that is not what scripture says. This is the problem, you come up with these claims and just demand that we accept what you or your denomination says. I don't - I accept what the word of god says.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 12:55 PM
    That is your claim - but that is not what scripture says. This is the problem, you come up with these claims and just demand that we accept what you or your denomination says. I don't - I accept what the word of god says.
    Well since I wasn't knocked off a horse by Christ, I know there is at least one exception to the rule. I'm trying to find out if you were thus converted.

Were you knocked off a horse by Christ? Yes or no?
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Well since I wasn't knocked off a horse by Christ, I know there is at least one exception to the rule.
    First you create the rule (scripture didn't) and then you claim that when scripture does not agree that there are exceptions to the rule.

Yeah, right!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anybody like Black Sabbath? [ 5 Answers ]

Anybody like older bands like black sabbath/alice cooper/ dio/pantera/ozzy and such? I do. Seems like no one else my age does! (I'm 22) just wondering!:)

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

Worship Saturday or Sunday [ 6 Answers ]

I know the Jewish sabbath is Saturday. Many Christians worship on Sunday. Is there a right or wrong day to worship. Jesus said rest on the sabbath. But Paul had church on Sunday(first day of week). So witch one is right or wrong or it doesn't matter. Please provide biblical proof for points.

The view from Saturday [ 5 Answers ]

Nadia's section What is the sargasso sea? What is a "live-pipped" turtle? What musical did they go see? What are the two reasons the nadia knows about the sargasso sea? Who is lucas? Why is nadia staying in Florida?

View more questions Search