Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gregster1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Compinsation to the father from the ex for having the kids for the whole month
    I was wondering if there is any compensation for the father when he has custody of the kids for a extended period, or should the father still have to pay the support to the ex even though the kids aren't there?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
    The father will have to pay child support for the time the children is with him unless the child support order has a clause otherwise.

Example I had my two boys for six months when their mom left them at her mom and took off. But child support enforcement keep getting the money for over the next 6 months, until I got the support order changed.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Sep 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
    The child support is figured out over 12 months. The NCP has to pay the support as it states in the support order. If you have your children full time then go back to court and have the order changed; custody changed support should too. However, If you only have the children for "Summer Break" or a month and they will go back to the CP after that then no you can't stop the support, you have to pay it even though you have the kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father who wants his kids! [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend has 2 kids, 7 and 4, he was divorced last year after a 3 yr separation. The mother was cheating and running around drinking during most of the marriage, and subsequently has a 3rd child 14 months younger than the 4 yr old. The father is very active in the kids life, was basically...

Want to know how to get kids father to see them [ 4 Answers ]

My kids father is in and out of there lives, he will be around for six months and then stop all contact with them. Me and there father get along really well so I really don't understand why he is doing this to them. I have gottin to the point to were I can not handle it anymore I would like to know...

5 month year old father and I not together [ 10 Answers ]

Ok the father of my son and I are not together... I don't trust him with my son alone because of past issues the way he has treated me and the way he treated me when I was pregnant plus he has already gotten mad around the baby and scared him a couple of times he wasn't directly mad at him but he...

11 month old without a father [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am a single mother of 3 boys, all by the same man. He pays Childsupport for all three boys. We have joint custody with the oldest two. Not with the youngest. He has held our youngest son 3 times in the last 11 months (our baby is 11 months old). He only sees him when he comes to pick up our...

Can I sign my right to my kids to someone other than their father? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't want to sign my rights to my kids to their father but the state won't let me have them over their father. What can I do?:

View more questions Search