Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmnd_arias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
    How to write a quote
    How does someone write up a quote for cleaning a club house in a Colorado mobile home community.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Hello r:

Writing the quote is EASY. Coming up with the right quote, ain't easy. Once you do figure out how much you want to charge, write them a letter and tell them. It's no more difficult than that.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Yes, I agree, it's not hard to come up with the actual quote but coming up with the right one to land you the job is not easy. You need to be perceived by the customer as someone who is neat, professional, honest and "Johnnie on the spot" as far as getting things done.

First couple of questions for you though, since you have mentioned "someone" writing up a quote for doing the cleaning, would that someone be you or someone else? Also, do you or that other person have any experience cleaning for others in order to make an income?

I will proceed under the assumption that it is you who is wanting to know how to do the quote.

What you charge, will greatly depend on the going rates in the area and also the specific things that will need to be done.

If you go to a janitorial supply store, workers there will most likely be able to give you an idea as to what the going rates are in the area.

One way to do it would be to figure out what you want to set a monetary figure as to what you want to make per hour and base an estimate on how many hours it's going to take you to do the job. If you or they are going to be providing the tools and supplies, then that would also figure into the estimate. But, the bottom line for me would be what I would want to come up with an estimate as to what I wanted to make per hour without having to provide the tools and supplies. If you provide the tools to do the job, then you would charge just a little more. If you provide the supplies, such as cleaning liquids, paper of any kind, then I would charge a lot more.

Other things that you have to consider in what you will be charging, are what you are paying for at least liability insurance for just the business and insurance for your business vehicle as well as the usual maintenance on it. If this job might require you to travel a considerable distance in order to get to it, then I would also suggest adding some for mileage for what you charge the customer.

I like to use a spreadsheet format when I do my estimates/quotes for anything. I spell out the work that is to be done and what would be charged for each service performed depending on how long I think that it's going to take me to do it. Other things that might need to be included on the estimate are the costs of the materials, supplies, mileage and my responsibilities as well as the customer's responsibilities.

There is more to it then that, but I hope that this at least gives you some direction in which to go.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a quote the other day that I liked and now I forgot it and where I heard it. It goes something like this There's the truth... (something like opinions or lies), and (something to do with opinion census being worse than lies?) I'm sorry but I have very little info on it. There's 3...

Quote this job. [ 9 Answers ]

I had a local electrician come in a do some work for me that entailed the following. Install two overhead lights to existing lightswitch. Crawl space above ceiling readibly accessible. This was probably the most difficult thing I asked them to do. Wired to existing wiring. Install two...

A quote from my mom [ 22 Answers ]

My mom always says... "For some women any guy is better then no guy at all." After reading some of the posts in the relationship section I thought that this might be a good discussion starter. What does everyone think? Is my mom right?:cool:

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search