Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MYPC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:54 AM
    I'm 17 and was hospitalized for being drunk at a concert what's going to happen?
    I'm 17 living in the state of New Jersey .I was taken to a hospital and the cops called my parents. They didn't give me a ticket, I didn't get my stomach pumped, they didn't say anything to my parents about anything. The nurse said they'll probably take my license away till I'm 21 and I'll get something in the mail but can they do that? I wasn't driving. What will happen to me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 10:56 AM
    The nurse had no business telling you that. If you weren't driving then it hasn't anything to do with your license. If they didn't give you or your parents a citation for being drunk and disorderly, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Actually, a minor can lose his license for 6 months for being drunk, even if he wasn't driving. It's the drinking while underage that is causing the penalty... it's worse if he had been driving drunk.

And whatever you do, you do not want to refuse to take a breath test in New Jersey!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy7
    Actually, a minor can lose his license for 6 months for being drunk, even if he wasn't driving. It's the drinking while underage that is causing the penalty... it's worse if he had been driving drunk.

And whatever you do, you do not want to refuse to take a breath test in New Jersey!

You beat me to it - NYS is the same way. If you are under age and intoxicated you can be precluded from obtaining a Drivers License until you are of legal age, whether you have a Learners Permit at the time, and if you have a license it can be suspended.

I'm surprise you weren't cited in an effort to find out who provided the alcohol - it's very common where I am, sort of "let's make a deal."

I'm a little confused - they called your parents, they came and picked you up and nobody said anything to THEM about why you were in the hospital?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Yes, most likely you will get a minor in possession ticket mailed, and yes, a minor in possession, ( don't have to be in a car) can get their drivers license susupended.

Don't know why they sent you to a hospital, must have been real drunk, if so that is why, they can not write the drunk a ticket tillthey are sober, or merely have it mailed to them
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    The nurse had no business telling you that. If you werent driving then it hasnt anything to do with your license. If they didnt give you or your parents a citation for being drunk and disorderly, then I wouldnt worry about it.

This may be true in Canada but not in the US -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What going On [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Umm.. Im 5days Late And I Took I Pregnant. Test And It Come Out Negative And I Been Using The Restroom Like Crazy And Sleep And Eating A lot! Can Someone Please Help Me!

Concert with ex.go or no go? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys. Long story short, my girlfriend of 8.5yrs and I broke up about 7months ago. Good relationship (not perfect, but good), but she wasn't sure if her and I felt "right", whatever that means. She basically wants to be on her own for a little while. But anyway, I was DEVASTATED to say the...

Christmas concert to holiday concert [ 4 Answers ]

At my school we always had a concert called the christmas concert. Then we had a new jewish principal who wanted to change it to the holiday concert. There was an extremely large debate over this and still going on. Any advice?

Tub drain in concert is too low for new spa tub [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings everyone, I am installing a whirlpool tub and it appears that the drain is about 1/2 inch too low. The drain is set in concrete. Is there any type of extension that can be put on the drain? Any suggestions? Thanks, Ed

Mika concert! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Bit of a stupid question but I am absoloutly in love with Mika!! I would love to go to his concert there are no tickets left only on Ebay. They are quite expensive and I really want to watch him. BADLY! I asked my mum if I could have 2 as part as my christmas present and she keeps saying wait...

View more questions Search