Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuddy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Help another one
    :( just found out we have another grandchild on the way after losing three to adoption you would think there would be some way of stopping this happening all the time is there a law or can we do anything :o
    love and be loved Posts: 34, Reputation: -2

May 2, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Can you exsplane more of what you mean about you lost 3 to adoption alredy??
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 04:20 AM
    Hi, tuddy,
    Do you mean stop someone from getting pregnant?
    You could talk with a lawyer about this issue. If the person can be proven to be "not capable of controlling herself or himself" or "not in control of themselves", there may be something legal that can be done.
    Please talk with a lawyer about your options. I do wish you the best.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 3, 2006, 06:20 AM
    The only way you can gain control is if you have guardian rights over the mother. If the mother is an adult, you would have to prove incompetence on her part to gain such control. So, as indicated, you need to speak to an attorney. You might talk to social services for recommendations.

May 3, 2006, 07:19 AM
    Yes I have lost three grandchildren there mother is a addict she first lost the two children because she could not look after them she had no control over herself let alone children then two years later she had another one and now he has been adopted we could not take them as she dose not give us much peace if you get my meaning she should not be allowed to have any more children do you understand where I am coming from

May 3, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Thank you scott for your reply may be you are right perhaps I need to go that way this adult is out of control
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 3, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Have you made any attempt to adopt or take guardianship after the previous births? I believe the children services department would, at least, consider the application of a family member before approving an adoption outside the family.

I really think your first course of action here is with the DCFS (or your local equivalent). Discuss your options with a social worker.
    fairy-dust Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Hi me and my mother had a similar problem my older sister had a child to a drug adccit and my sister could not really cope mental or care for the child in anyway
    Socail service where going to take my niece away into foster care but I am adoppted so I didn't want my niece to take the same route, I don't how want you mean by not losing another grandchild and I don't know much but me and my mother fought in court to take my niece on as our own for aslong as my niece needed us, for a while we were her guardians and took her in, if you are pepared to do the same and look after your grandchild at your house and be her legal garudian then I surgest you talk to a lawyer you can take many actions in court if you are looking to look after the child yourself, I am sure there will be many more option to. It doesn't have to be long trem you look after your grandchild you can take her on as your own tell and if your daughter comes to her senses, or you can take action to get her long term,
    prefabber Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2006, 09:37 AM
    I have the almost the same problem with my 26yr. Old.We have 2 grandbabieswith one more on the way.PRAY for this girl and everyone else that has the same problem and seek legal advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search