Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calendula Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 08:23 AM
    "gurgle' from heart valve not closing tightly
    [F]I was recently diagnosed with this problem. My doctor says a lot of women get it. Anyway, I don't like the sound of it. I won't see my doctor until 9/17. I may be a wreck by then. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have any symptoms prior to your diagnosis? /FONT] Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

Sincerely,

Calendula
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
    It sounds like a Mitral Valve Prolapse. Did they give you a specific name?

A MVP is very common; I have one myself. Its not very dangerous but you'll need your doctor to confirm that. If you go to the dentist or have a surgery, make sure you tell them so they can give you antibiotics beforehand.

First, follow up with your doctor to see if this really is what you've been diagnosed with.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I have to agree with LAIG. It does indeed sound like Mitral Valve Prolapse, and I, too, have one. For me there is no specific treatment other than prophylactic antibiotics prior to going to the dentist or any invasive procedure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects on heart patients on consumption of "antibooze" [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any side effects on heart patients on consumption of "antibooze"?

Another "missing" song title - Heart? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought this was by Heart but it seems it is not - Woman picks up a hitch hiker, they spend the night together, she has a child, the child has his father's eyes - Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

Heart gurgle [ 4 Answers ]

:rolleyes: my heart feel like it is gurgleing when I sit or stand what can this be

View more questions Search