Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Domain control
    Hey'll
    I'm running Windows Server 2003 SBS & I'v recently had to restart the whole configuration since it was an enherited setup, our problem is that once the server is promoted to a DC status it takes about 30 - 60min just to load the operating system, prepering network connections e.g

The same goes for shutdown process as well, but once I demote the server everything smoothens out, what could be causing this delay ? Its on a xseries 206 IBM machine.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Sep 5, 2008, 06:48 AM
    SBS is limited to a single forest, single domain model. Is this the case? Are there any other DC's in the domain? Is it connected to the Internet and are you using a unique domain name from your company domain name (ie. Company.com for external and company.net for internal)? Is DNS installed on the SBS server and all other DC's?

Check your Event Logs (Application, DNS and System). Are there any errors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domain Name taken [ 2 Answers ]

I work for a company, lets call it xyz inc. Currently the domain name xyz.com (just an example), is taken by another company. The thing is, that company has no relation to my line of business. They just use the site to create those auto link sites, like cool.com. My question is, since my company...

Domain Name [ 2 Answers ]

How do I create a domain ?

Domain Name [ 3 Answers ]

There is this script running daily to send a file from one system to a PC on one domain. How do you configure the PC to receive this file? What configurations do I have to make on the PC to receive this file? I have shared a folder on a test PC but it doesn't receive the file..

Domain Name [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has the same name as my domain, can I be forced to shut it down?

View more questions Search