Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassiecase Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2008, 12:14 AM
    CNN Poll: Obama 49, McCain 48
    On the eve of the Republican convention, a new national poll suggests the race for the White House remains dead even.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night shows the Obama-Biden ticket leading the McCain-Palin ticket by one point, 49 percent to 48 percent, a statistical dead heat.

Does this reflect that McCain made the better VP choice?
    Teresa51 Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2008, 07:43 AM
    But another poll shows Obama up by 8 points. The polls have been showing the 2 as being almost dead heat for quite a while---with an error margin of 3 %, right?

I like McCain's choice for VP.

As far as the polls go, they seem to be so fickle (because people can be so fickle) and don't necessarily show the real attitudes and opinions of the people. I'll give more credence to the polls when there is a 2-digit difference between the candidates and the election date is closer.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 06:06 AM
    I would not put much weight in the polling numbers until we get closer to the election. I suspect that the contest will remain close until the end .

I like McCain's choice for VEEP ,but we are ultimately electing a President so it is debatable how relevant the VEEP candidate really is.

The selection of Palin as I have stated in other postings satisfies the base to a point where McCain can now concentrate on competing with Obama for the undecided center.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 2, 2008, 06:08 AM
    What's the margin of error on these polls?
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 06:30 AM
    The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.
    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Obama 49, McCain 48 « - Blogs from CNN.com

Curley
    A great non-partisan web site to follow the election is Real Clear Politics
    RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls

They average the various polls from the major pollsters and give daily results .
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:00 AM

Donald M ;that is pretty much a mute point now isn't it ? Should only mensas qualify for the position ? If experience was the criterian then Obama was disqualified ,and he ran for the top of the ticket.

Lincoln was called an ignorant ape.Honestly at this point I'm used to people disparaging the intelligence and abilities of Republicans.

The answer is ;and this is true of all Presidents ;she would've had in that instant been surrounded by the best advisors that McCain would've assembled. The question is not her intelligence but her judgement and yes I have and had the utmost confidence that she would make the right decisions in the case of McCain not being able to perform his duties.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The question is not her intelligence but her judgement and yes I have and had the utmost confidence that she would make the right decisions in the case of McCain not being able to perform his duties.
    Palin Didn't Know Africa Is A Continent, Says Fox News Reporter (VIDEO)
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 09:19 AM

I chose to ignore the finger pointing from CYA operatives who are looking out for their next job.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 09:21 AM

Make that, I chose to ignore the finger pointing from UNNAMED CYA operatives who are looking out for their next job.

Nov 7, 2008, 03:53 PM

Palin knows that when life begins - it is not above her paygrade.

Palin went after corruption in her own party - she did not choose to associate with known terrorists or seek out marxists professors.

How many votes would McCain have gotten without Palin? Where is McCain when some of his campaign aids are going after Palin? He would defend Obama against false claims more readily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obama or McCain [ 61 Answers ]

Will Obama or McCain be a good president when it comes to foreign relations and the economic system

Saddleback : Obama, McCain , and Warren [ 17 Answers ]

A FOX news exclusive What did you all think? Obama has been the more expressive of his faith, at one point quoting Micah 6:8, whereas McCain has been more reticent, so at the outset I thought Obama would do well.

TAXES: John McCain vs. Barack Obama [ 63 Answers ]

I can't afford to vote for McCain and neither can middle and lower class America. Vote Obama! YouTube - CNN Crunches Obama and McCain Tax Plans

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

View more questions Search