Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alex Curry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Please don't respond anymore I'm on wrong site as I live in UK. Thanks to all those who did though
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 04:04 PM
    One thing I can say is you should still go for the paternity test and do not sign anything with CSA until you are proven to be the father. Although I think some states require you to pay simply because you signed the birth certificate.
    You say they never got back to you and you can not have children so that is two things I think would indicate that you may not be the father. If you have to pay it is ordered what you have to pay and goes to the mother or the state. Also they most probably would go back to when she originally filed or when he was born and go after you for a lot of back support. If you pay child support you should have a right to joint custody and visitations since they are saying you are the father, I would think.
    If he is not your son and you end up not having to pay child support if you still want him in your life you can give HIM whatever money you want when you want and let him know you want to be a father figure in his life.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 04:50 PM
    What state are you in? Some of what you need to know depends completely on the state.
    Alex Curry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
    I live in England. I think I'm on the wrong site...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Oh not sure about how England handles this but you should check all your options and see if you can get anywhere with paternity testing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Thread closed,

In your original post, the more info you give the better answers you will get.

Also you will get in time a lot of UK experts but you have to leave your post up for several days, experts here do this in their own time and are not paid, so some only check the boards every few days, so after a week or two you will get much better answers.

But since you did not leave you original post up, I will close the thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dad wanting to be part of new born daughters life [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently engaged to my daughters mom but since march we have broke up. She was 34 weeks pregnant with are daughter. She was born may 2. I got to see her for about half an hour before she told me to leave and then for about an hour on the 3rd of may. She has been out of the hospital since May...

I don't know if I want the father to be the part of my baby's life? [ 36 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having some trouble. This is my first pregnancy and my boyfriend and I just broke up. He hasn't had a job since I've known or have been dating him. He is an alcoholic, lives off unemployment, doesn't look for a job or anything. Plus, he already has a daughter that he can't even...

The hardest part of life [ 4 Answers ]

My friend thinks that the hardest part of life is high school and being a teenager. I don't think it is because I'm in high school and I think as you get older life gets harder because of money, getting a job etc. He's in high school too so he wouldn't really know if it is harder either. I know...

My Mom dropped off my 17 yearold brother and said good luck [ 3 Answers ]

First off I am a 28 year old single guy. I was living in a house with a roommate until November. Some things happened where she could no longer afford the house that we were living in. She had less money due to a job change so we both decided that we would get our own places. I was moving in on...

View more questions Search