Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nate4477 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Furnace blower will not start up
    I replaced my filters and after everything was put back together there is no response from the blower, the furnace will heat up but the blower does not respond. The filter cover has been replaced and the cut-off switch is be pressed.
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Does the blower come on when you turn the thermostat control to ON instead of automatic?
    nate4477 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 10:07 PM
    The blower does not come on when put in the on position. The furnace will light and get hot but it will not blow.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 11:38 PM
    You have a defective blower fan control. This item senses the heat in the unit and turns the fan on automatically. For now you can just leave the blower motor run on with the selector switch turned to on if you need heat.

Unless you have knowledge of furnaces and a electric test meter and know how to use it I would suggest you contact a local HVAC company for a ON SITE inspection and repair of your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace doesn't come on.blower doesn't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Goodman Furnace GMP075-04 about 9 years old.. it doesn't come on when I switch my thermostat to heat... I replace the ignitor last year and it worked fine until now... blower doesn't come on either... I tried turning the air conditioner on and it works fine... I have went through the...

Furnace blower can not auto start [ 29 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not starting automatically. It works good when I swiched the fan option to "ON", the furnace was burning and fan was running. However if I pick "AUTO", only the furnace burns periodicaly, and the fan totall gets stuck. I am wondering if it is a wiring...

Exhaust Blower fails to start on gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tempstar furnace model # FBF075B12G1. The furnace is maybe 3 years old. The little motor which turns the exhaust gas blower feels a little hard to turn. There is some rust on top of it. It will sometimes fail to start, which keep the burners from kicking in. If I spin it by hand, it will...

Furnace blower needs assistant to start [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace's blower will not start without assistant. Does anyone have suggestions?

Why does my gas-furnace not run? (fan-blower won't start) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Why does my gas-furnace not run? (fan-blower won't start) I could not see any blown fuses or circuit-breakers; power-switch is on; I ignited the pilot-light and turned the temp to 90 in thermostat - but fan-blower did not start at all, even after waiting for 10 min; I measured voltage at fan...

View more questions Search