Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paddykennedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Paris Etching Society
    I have a framed etching entitled " The Yonne Canal, France" by F. Roth. The left bottom reads; 2, then SZL in a circle, Canal de l' Yonne 1 France. Signed F. Roth in the right bottom corner and Paris Etching Society NY USA in the top right. Would anyone have any information pertaining to the etching or artist. Thank You for any help
    kerriannschneider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Hi, my Mom has the same etching and will be mine someday. It was my grandparents first. I actually saw this etching in the movie Pleasantville. Apparently, this etching is not valuable, but I'm still looking for information on it and the artist. Good luck finding more info. :)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 13, 2006, 03:59 PM
    GO to www.skinnerinc.com/pdf/338_2.pdf and check out item # 799
    mona lisa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paddykennedy
    I have a framed etching entitled " The Yonne Canal, France" by F. Roth. The left bottom reads; 2, then SZL in a circle, Canal de l' Yonne 1 France. Signed F. Roth in the right bottom corner and Paris Etching Society NY USA in the top right. Would anyone have any information pertaining to the etching or artist. Thank You for any help
    Hi,
    Have you any information on the etching by Frank Roth, Canal del'yonne. I have just bought it from my friend. I love it, however I need to know it's value? Any information about the artist?

Cheers,
    Mona Lisa
    groundwater100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 07:05 PM

Well, I got the following at a garage sale about 3 years agor for 50 Cents - really liked it - decided to look it up so here I am! I found the following:

SOLD - “En chasse” - Color Etching of Gordon Setter and Irish Setter on Point - signed Paul Wood (French, c1928-1950s) #14-0104A $250

Gallery: Connecticut Yankee Antiques Album: Fine Etching and Prints

"Lovely original color etching of Irish Setter and Gordon Setter on point at two mallard ducks taking flight. This etching is in near perfect condition. The colors are gorgeous. Image size is 14-1/4" x 10-1/4". With matting and frame, it measures 21-1/4" x 17-3/4".

Signed and titled in pencil by the artist. Carries the imprint of the “Paris Etching Society" and Stanley Z. Lucas (“SZL”), owner of a NYC diamond district gallery named The Old Print Center and the Camilla Lucas Gallery (named after his mother) from 1928 through the 1950s.

During this period Lucas traveled to Europe several times a year and acquired etchings by several French artists including Wood for publication by the “PES”. Little is known of Wood other than he was French and produced many very find etchings of dogs.

Click on a thumbnail below to view full size picture.

-Chasse-Wood-Etching-002
    LINK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Etching Society- Boyer [ 21 Answers ]

I purchased at an antique auction a Boyer print entitled "The Entrance". The number on the label on the back of the print is #11. The label states that this is an original etching and carries the SZL identification on the lower left front of the print. The left top of the front side of the print...

Paris Etching Society NY [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to research the signature on my etching. No luck so far on finding info on artist F. Roth and this etching "Canal de lyonne" . Sure could use some help . A nice #2 etching as described in my first message. Any one heard of him or know how I could find out about him?

Paris Etching Society NY-USA [ 23 Answers ]

I have two etchings that have Paris Etching Society NY-USA in the upper right hand corner and a small circle with the letters S Z and L in it at the lower left corner. They are hand signed in pencil but I can't make out the name. One appears to be Le Beauvois with another signature to the Right...

Paris Etching Society [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte and the Paris Etching Society that has been handed down for several generations in my family. The title of the etching is "The Hamlet in France" / "Le Hameau". It has the letters SZL in a circle and then in the bottom left hand corner NO. 8. It is...

View more questions Search