Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kek_hud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Where can my niece get a title for a abandened mobile home on her property
    My niece bought some land that has an abandened trailer on it she asked the mortgage company if they had a title for it and they told her that they didn't want the trailer so they gave it to the state of Alabama . She contacted the state for a new title but they told her she would have to send in the title number but she doesn't have it as it was abandened.where can she get a title for it? Thank you kekey hudson
    Teresa51 Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Here in NC, the Dept of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the agency to contact about titles for mobile homes. It seems to me, however, that there in AL, the person whom your niece spoke to certainly did not give her enough information---such as, how is your niece supposed to give a title number if the mobile home is abandoned. (Poor customer service is a pet peeve of mine! :cool: ) Does the bank that owned the land and thus the MH not have the number??

Also too, mobile homes have a small metal plate on the outside of the home (a HUD requirement) that has a long number on it much like a you find on any other vehicle. That number should help your niece with getting a title from the state (or DMV).
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 01:17 PM
    That is correct about the metal tag required by HUD. If she has the ID number, then the title should be able to be tracked down at the DMV where all titled vehicles/mobile homes are tracked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home title [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I paid off my trailer years ago.I went to get insurance on it and found out there's a lien on it,the finance company is no longer in business.How do I go about getting this lien off so I can get insurance?

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Bank repossessed mobile home on my private property [ 2 Answers ]

I have a piece of property in California that has a mobile home on it that is not owned by me. The bank recently repossessed it. Can I put a lien on it for back rent and current rent if I did not have a contract with prior owner? (mobile was on property when I purchased it) Does the bank have to...

Mortgage for Mobile Home with Property [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a financial instution that will give a mortgage for a 1975 Mobile Home and 1.2 acres of land with a detached 2 stall garage. Can Any one help?

View more questions Search