Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MORGAN777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
    With yes or no for a deed in lieu .i still got to go
    :eek: Got to move for a better job and income next month ,I could't sell the house in a short sale it was in the market for a 1yr and for a rent ,the paymnet is to high( $1700 ) the house value is 199k in the market now , I was brought it for 260k , and at this moment I can pay the house with out a problem and never miss a pament.. im detremine to leave with a yes or no agreement with the bank.. :cool:

if deed in lieu is not accepted by the bank beside a bad credit what consequences can happened?:rolleyes:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Hello M:

They can sue you for the difference between what they sell it for, and what you owe.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
    I still hear stories of the deed in lieu being accepted somewhere for somebody, But if they would not accept a short sale, it is not likely they will not take a DIL.

But all you can do is ask to see if they will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed and lieu or deed in lieu [ 2 Answers ]

If you are in trouble with your mortgage company, and will not be able to make your payment because your payment has went up by 578.00, you ask the company for help and they suggest short sale or deed and lieu. What does that mean and how do you procees at this point. Do you just turn over your...

Deed in lieu of foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 rental properties in Arizona that are vacant, and a undeveloped piece of commercial land. Can I do a deed in lieu of on all 3 of these properties, since none of them have sold in the last year, or is a foreclosure a better way to go?

Deed in lieu of foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

We have purchased a home here in Louisiana approx 4 years ago. The home is only 6 years old and has flooded 4 times. These are not only floods with hurricanes but average Louisiana rains. We have drainage issues in the neighborhood that no-one will correct. We have hired attorneys to go after...

View more questions Search