Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

May 1, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Hardie Plank Siding Painting questions
    Well, we finally have our house and addition all sided. We used Hardi plank siding that came pre-primed.

The installer suggested using a sherwin williams paint that was supposed to be almost a liquid vinyl. I went to the SW site and I couldn't find it.

I did receive a flyer the other day from a company that will use what they call a liquid vinyl product.

Has anyone ever used a product like this?

What would be a good paint to use on Fiber Cement siding?

Thanks as always.

Dan
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 1, 2006, 10:48 AM
    I tested out the "liquid vinyl" stuff, and to be honest with you was not impressed with it. Yes, it seems nice, but who knows how much better it will be than a quality exterior paint 10+ years from now.

Further, the "liquid vinyl" stuff must be significantly thinned to put it in a sprayer.

My suggestion: Stick with a quality exterior paint... and don't be fooled by the name Sherwin Williams. Other vendors have quality as good as Sherwin Williams for less money.

We use Pittsburgh Paints.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I choose the right vinyl siding? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are: What should I look for in choosing...

Cedar siding painting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know that the cedar siding should be primed and painted before installation on both sides or primed and painted after installation just on exterior side ( only one side that is exposed to weather). Thanks

Siding [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen on the TV ads for siding being a certain amoutn per square feet. Without having to call the company I would like to figure out how that would be for my house. Can anyone tell me how they figure square footage. Would it be as simple as the length of the house by the height on each side?...

Vertical siding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm interested in re-siding my house with vertical siding, but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that makes it in lenghths of about 25ft so that I can do the whole of the house in one run? Otherwise I'll have to do it in sections 12 ft high and run a j channel across, but I'd...

Siding [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to take aluminum siding off a house? I need to take a little section off to look underneath there and I am having a hard time. It is nothing like vinyl siding.

View more questions Search