Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryry24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Having someone Committed?
    Does anybody know how to have somebody committed in the state of Florida if they are heavily in to Alcohol and are mentally declining and refuse to get help?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 11:12 AM
    With alcohol they have to want the help and admit themselves to rehab place

With psychiatric problems they have to want the help and admit themselves
    But if they are a danger to themselves or a threat in any way you can have them admitted for an evaluation which they are usually out within approximately 48 to 72 hours.

With mentally declining you have to prove they are incapable of caring for themselves to the point of endangerment
    Such as set house on fire, wander around not knowing where they are, dementia,
    Then they are most likely put in a nursing home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get someone committed [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get someone committed ? My sister is bipolar and is so up and down but will not stay in anywhere long enough to get the help she really needss.

How do I get someone committed? [ 10 Answers ]

Just that... how would I get someone committed?

How do I get someone committed? [ 22 Answers ]

My mother has had clinical depression for as long as I can remember but she has also been aggressive, threatening and vindictive for that long too. She does things to people in the family that I wouldn't even want to type here and then thinks that THEY are in the wrong. She is a threat to herself...

Committed Guys [ 8 Answers ]

Will I ever find a guy that wants a real relationship? That wants me and only me? Will I find a guy that I won't have to change for? Is it possible for guys to want only one girl? Physically and emotionally? Is it fair to ask for that?

Does this mean he's not committed? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I (both 19) have been dating for a yr and a half. He plays hockey so if gone for the season. Hes drafted and is really concentrating on hockey. Meanwhile I'm really concentrating on my career. We've talked about making plans in the next yr (like sky diving and such), however,...

View more questions Search