Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 17, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81
    So how long does it take to get over a 9 year relationship???Its going to take for ever, isnt it.:{

Depends on the person.

Some heal quick, most heal slow.

Over all, it takes time.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Patience my friend, it all takes time, just don't get frustrated and give up on yourself...

We've been there and know how you feel, so trust me when I say you will feel better, but you need to hang in there... it isn't a quick process...

I can tell you that the more time you spend worrying about how long it will take, the longer it will seem to take. Try not to think about getting better... try not thinking :p
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Sep 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
    I was just about to call her, had to talk myself out of it.I really don't have anything to say to her, even if I call what the hell am I going to talk about.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Sep 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time.
    I'd just like to say that I've been enjoying these past few months actually being single and all.
    I've met a few girls but it hasn't been anything serious. I still miss my ex and I still do love her but I isn't letting it hold me back. You only have one life to live and you might as well live it.
    For those of you struggling, check out my thread if you can to see how far I've come.
    I've been NC for over 5 months and it can be quite tough... there are going to be bumpy rides, but always keep your head up.
    I'm not going to say that I'm fully healed but I'm going in the right direction.
    Would I want to get back with her? No not at the moment, I have way too many things on my plate and I actually think this break up was a sign because I think if I was in a relationship right now, I'd be kind of screwed in terms of work/college.
    Everything has a way of working out, even though you may not think it is.

Sep 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spion_kop
    hey guys, i havent been on here in a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time.
    I'd just like to say that i've been enjoying these past few months actually being single and all.
    I've met a few girls but it hasnt been anything serious. I still miss my ex and I still do love her but I aint letting it hold me back. You only have one life to live and you might as well live it.
    For those of you struggling, check out my thread if you can to see how far i've come.
    I've been NC for over 5 months and it can be quite tough...there are gonna be bumpy rides, but always keep your head up.
    I'm not gonna say that i'm fully healed but I'm going in the right direction.
    Would I want to get back with her? No not at the moment, I have way too many things on my plate and i actually think this break up was a sign because I think if i was in a relationship right now, I'd be kind of screwed in terms of work/college.
    Everything has a way of working out, even though you may not think it is.
    I'm right behind you... 4 months of NC

Sep 17, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I was just about to call her, had to talk my self out of it.I really dont have anything to say to her, even if i call what the hell am i going to talk about.
    Find some hobbies...

For me, I'm into fixing up cars and drifting xD

Sep 17, 2008, 10:15 PM
    End of Day 5 of NC=another day tomorrow,days will turn into months and months into years of NC.(Hopefully). Good night people
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Sep 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
    End of Day 5 of NC=another day tomorrow,days will turn into months and months into years of NC.(Hopefully). Good night people
    Perfect attitude... you'll eventually stop counting too. Time is all it takes! :)
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Sep 18, 2008, 06:22 AM
    I'm actually starting to get quite worried...
    It's been going on four months since I broke up with my ex and I'm still not feeling AT all better or thinking of him at ALL less
    I'm starting to think I won't recover from all this...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Stay with it Boris, and get busy.

Sep 18, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Boris keep at it, believe me its hard, but you have to keep living your life. There is no use waiting for her to be part of your life when she doesn't want to.
    Good Luck Buddy

Sep 18, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boristheblade
    I'm actually starting to get quite worried....
    It's been going on four months since I broke up with my ex and I'm still not feeling AT all better or thinking of him at ALL less
    I'm starting to think I won't recover from all this...
    We're in the same boat!

Sep 18, 2008, 01:46 PM
    The only things that I am really mad at myself for is that I tried to convince her to say when she was breaking up with me on the phone. SHould not have done that.Whatever I guess, its too late now

Sep 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
    The only things that i am really mad at myself for is that i tried to convince her to say when she was breaking up with me on the phone. SHould not have done that.Whatever i guess, its too late now
    You can't blame yourself for that now. You loved her and wanted her to stay. She can't blame you for it either, it showed that you cared. Take the lesson you learned and don't forget it.

Sep 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Asking for your guyz's(ladies) opinion on this. Do you think I can talk my ex into coming back. I could compromise on some of the stuff we had problems with, I already told her this when we were breaking up that I was ready to comprise.Maybe if I tell her again.

(I know its not going to work, but this thought has been going through my head for the last couple of days)

Sep 18, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Truth is, you can't convince anyone to do anything they don't want to... Hard to hear, but no, she probably has her mind made up.

Sep 18, 2008, 06:04 PM
    You are right. It just hurts, the thing about is that I didn't even see the breakup coming.Even though this is the third time she has broken up with me, you think I would wise up
    The funny thing is when she broke up with me she brought up things I thought we had already resolved.
    It hard to move on but I am trying.I am just rambling on here trying to get things of my chest.

Sep 18, 2008, 07:16 PM
    You are right. It just hurts, the thing about is that i didnt even see the breakup coming.Even though this is the third time she has broken up with me, you think i would wise up
    The funny thing is when she broke up with me she brought up things i thought we had already resolved.
    It hard to move on but i am trying.I am just rambling on here trying to get things of my chest.
    Dude

Find other girls~

Trust me xD

Right now, I'm talking to a lot of girls... one of them is moving to Oregon and she plans on visiting the South (Southern California) and we've talked about chilling..

Sep 19, 2008, 08:50 AM
    DAY 7 OF NC=Had a dream last night she was married to some one else, made me feel sick.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Sep 19, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Boris keep at it, believe me its hard, but you have to keep living your life. There is no use waiting for her to be part of your life when she doesn't want to.
    Good Luck Buddy
    Thank you
    But I'm a girl... and it's a he

I can see how the name "Boris" is confusing though:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar II [ 1501 Answers ]

** Admin Note: This thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/nc-calendar-124229.html ** You should have got a drum set, the best way to release anger within music is banging on dose drums

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search