Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nathasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Buying a house
    I don't know where to ask this question at but I need to know where do I buy a house from back taxes and how much can I pay I only want to spend like 2000 dollars on a house
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Aug 31, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Real estate auction action - Buying a home at auction

You can also visit your local county tax department they can give you more information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Well first assuming you want one that is livalbe, 2000 dollars is not going to do it. For example, here in Atlanta, one year taxes on a nice home is going to be 1500 or more and if you get two years behind the bid will just start at 3000 and of course there may be several bidders.

So you find when the tax office is going to have their next sale, and go.
    Also many states you just get a tax certificate not the deed, and have to wait for about 1 to 3 years after you buy it, to accually turn the certificate in for the deed.

I have gotten some nice empty lots for 2000 or less. Now in rual america somewhere, when taxes are 300 a year, you may get some older homes in the 2000 to 4000 dollar range. And once in a while for 500 to 1000 dollars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we deduct anything on a rent to own home on our income taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are thinking about renting to own his deceased Grandmother's home. His mother is the sole owner. The home mortgage is paid in full. She will charge us no interest, keep the insurance and property tax in her name but we will make these payments for her. Can we claim anything for...

TAXES taken out of my take home check [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am thinking about taking a job in NYC.. I live in NJ. If my gross pay is 2884.00 per 2 weeks and my gross pay is about 1900.00 dollars.. approxiametly how much more would I need to consider that NY will deduct from my paycheck? Just trying to calculate what my biweekely check will come to......

Home in revocable trust and real estate taxes [ 1 Answers ]

We recently put our house in a revocable trust, per our lawyer advice, with the purpose of having the house passed to our children smooth and easy in case of our death, 2 days ago we received a letter from the county property appraisal office telling us that our application for homestead exemption...

Home interest deduction taxes [ 1 Answers ]

If I paid interest on a 5th wheel, can this be included in home mortgage interest paid?

View more questions Search