Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 02:41 AM
    Sunday Morning Humor #5 - Church Bulletin Bloopers!
    The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water." The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."
    Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the Recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.
    Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
    The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a Conflict.
    Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say hell to someone who doesn't care much about you.
    Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
    Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
    For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
    Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
    The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing: "Break Forth Into Joy."
    Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
    At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
    Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
    Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
    Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered
    The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
    The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
    This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
    Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
    The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
    Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
    The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church Basement Friday at 7 PM The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
    Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
    The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours"
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 31, 2008, 03:49 AM
    Electric girdles! That sounds painful! LOL!

Funny one C! Happy Labour Day Weekend to you! :D
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Hahahahahahahahaha, I love this Clough, I love it!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Very, very funny my friend...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Just wonderful
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Thanks for a good laugh!
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Too funny... thanks Clough.. lol
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Sep 3, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Woooooooooow, these had my laughing for quite a while :P
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:25 AM
    My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Priceless... Electric girdles and be prepared to sin!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Thanks, All!

It's just amazing how creative some people can be with plays on words! :)

I don't know how many of them are real or not. It would be likely though, that some of them are! In my 36+ years of service in church music ministry, there have been some bloopers in church bulletins that I really had to think about!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start Sunday with some humor. [ 2 Answers ]

Curses! A businessman boarded a plane to find, sitting next to him, an elegant woman wearing the largest, most stunning diamond ring he had ever seen. He asked her about it. "This is the Klotschtein diamond," she said. "It is beautiful, but there is a terrible curse that goes with it." ...

Sunday Morning Humor #3 [ 3 Answers ]

While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently his five-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and...

Sunday Morning Humor #4 [ 11 Answers ]

A little girl from Minneapolis came home from Sunday School with a frown on her face. "I'm not going back there anymore," she announced with finality. "I don't like the Bible they keep teaching us." "Why not?" asked her astonished mother. "Because," said the little girl, "the Bible is...

Sunday Morning Humor #1 [ 7 Answers ]

Casey asked her Sunday school teacher a question: "If the people of Israel are Israelites, and the people of Canann are Canannites, are the people of Paris called Parasites? **** A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed...

Sunday Morning Humor #2 [ 3 Answers ]

A father took his five-year-old son to several baseball games where The Star-Spangled Banner was sung before the start of each game. Then the father and son attended a church on a Sunday shortly before Independence Day. The congregation sang The Star-Spangled Banner, and after everyone sat down,...

View more questions Search