Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2008, 11:09 PM
    Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening?
    Hello Everyone,

My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and providing great information!

Okay, I have had my hand in several different products for the purpose of "skin lightening." My results have been mixed. Some products work, very slowly. Others completely dry my skin and leave very little if no moisture, and others have proven to be ineffective.

Has anyone had any of these results? If so, please provide your details, insight, experiences, and or advice as a treatment technique.

Thank you in advance@!
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Aug 30, 2008, 11:33 PM
    What exactly did you use to get pale ?
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 22, 2010, 10:10 AM

How light are you, and what are you trying to get to?
    naturallyme Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 23, 2010, 12:02 PM

If you are using hydroquinone that can be drying to the skin just use a good moisturizer or your skin could be getting ready to peel.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 26, 2010, 04:37 PM

As always is my advice... exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate... you can do this using peels and exfoliating bath mitts, or exfoliating sponges, etc with exfoliating soaps and washes... you can also do sugar of salt scrubs on the bath... for the face... philosophy micerdelivery wash is good... but its pricey... so neutrogena has some good exfoliating facial cleaners in the deep clean line...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have pale skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm an indian girl living in europe and my mom is really fair my my dad is quite dark. But I have pale yellow skin and I always look like I'm ill. Is there a solution for this? Thanks so much for your help.

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin Lightening for Pale Skin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering a few things. What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

View more questions Search