Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1hello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Abandoned homes
    How do I find ownership of an abandoned home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Go to your local county clerk's office and check.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
    All homes and property is owned by someone, if you go to the property tax office you will find who is paying ( or being billed) for the taxes.
    If you go to the recorder of deeds ( or similar office) you can find who has the deed in it, and/or who has the mortgage on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to buy abandoned homes [ 12 Answers ]

I know there is a way to buy abandoned homes without negotiating with the owner. As you can imagine, some refrain from sharing their secrets. Anyone have any clues?

Abandoned homes [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find abandoned homes in my area

Abandoned Homes [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking for abandoned homes. Does anybody know where I can get a listing of abandoned homes in the bay area?

Abandoned homes [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the Seattle are and see many old, abandoned homes. Does anyone know how I can find out about those homes and how to possibly purchase them?

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

View more questions Search