Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamie1282 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Christmas show or movie in 80's or early 90's
    This would have come on sometime in the mid to late 80's or very early 90's and is driving me NUTS. I can only remember tiny bits and pieces of this christmas cartoon that came on t.v. when I was little. It had something to do about one of santa's elves going to herd up the reindeer and a snow storm came. There was a group of kids/elves that went out to help rescue them it seems like one of the kids was sort of heafty. There was some type of snow monster(s) that had very tiny beady eyes. There is one part where a reindeer kicks one of the snow monsters in the bottom and leaves it's hoof print on him and he goes back to the others and shows them. Another part I remember is a rabbit is being chased by a fox or something and the kids lay out some food for the rabbit. There is also a dog whose name I think is something like Wolfie (?? ) It also seems like at the very end of the movie the music that is playing sounds very similar or was the music to the song "Feed the World" . Thanks to anyone who remembers anything about this.
    bras4224 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1282 View Post
    This would have come on sometime in the mid to late 80's or very early 90's and is driving me NUTS. I can only remember tiny bits and pieces of this christmas cartoon that came on t.v. when I was little. It had something to do about one of santa's elves going to herd up the reindeer and a snow storm came. There was a group of kids/elves that went out to help rescue them it seems like one of the kids was sort of heafty. There was some type of snow monster(s) that had very tiny beady eyes. There is one part where a reindeer kicks one of the snow monsters in the bottom and leaves it's hoof print on him and he goes back to the others and shows them. Another part I remember is a rabbit is being chased by a fox or something and the kids lay out some food for the rabbit. There is also a dog whose name I think is something like Wolfie (???) It also seems like at the very end of the movie the music that is playing sounds very similar or was the music to the song "Feed the World" . Thanks to anyone who remembers anything about this.

If you are talking about what I think you are, you are my official sign that I'm not going insane and that a cartoon I remember did actually exist. I've been searching the internet for YEARS but can't find a trace.

Does this sounds familiar- the snow monsters were abominable snowmen, and had long fringes over their eyes. At the end the children are chased by one but the villagers chase it away with pitchforks and flames, then make a sign with a drawing of the monster on it and a cross through it?

Also, the hefty kid you mentioned- I'm SO convinced we're looking for the same thing! All the kids go ice skating at one point, no? I'm sure I remember that happening.

The rest is so hazy, I'm SO determined to work out what this was. I hope you're still using this site, I really want to find this thing!

Dec 2, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bras4224 View Post
    If you are talking about what I think you are, you are my official sign that I'm not going insane and that a cartoon I remember did actually exist. I've been searching the internet for YEARS but can't find a trace.

Does this sounds familiar- the snow monsters were abominable snowmen, and had long fringes over their eyes. At the end the children are chased by one but the villagers chase it away with pitchforks and flames, then make a sign with a drawing of the monster on it and a cross through it?

Also, the hefty kid you mentioned- I'm SO convinced we're looking for the same thing! All the kids go ice skating at one point, no? I'm sure I remember that happening.

The rest is so hazy, I'm SO determined to work out what this was. I hope you're still using this site, I really want to find this thing!

Hey!! I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I was getting so bummed out that nobody knows what I am talking about. I am 25 so I was small when I saw it. My sister is 2 yrs younger than me so I know it came on no earlier than 1985. My sister had remembered the part where the fox was chasing a rabbit or something and the monsters. I had forgotten about the things you mentioned but that IS the same movie!! I remember the sign they painted on a piece of wood. I am not 100% sure on how to use this site so I will give you my email address so you can email me if you find anything. It is [email protected] I am sooooo glad I'm not crazy. Everybody I tell this to just nods their heads and smiles at me like I am losing it.

Dec 2, 2008, 09:17 PM

Hey!! I'm sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I was getting so bummed out that nobody knows what I am talking about. I am 25 so I was small when I saw it. My sister is 2 yrs younger than me so I know it came on no earlier than 1985. My sister had remembered the part where the fox was chasing a rabbit or something and the monsters. I had forgotten about the things you mentioned but that IS the same movie!! I remember the sign they painted on a piece of wood. I am not 100% sure on how to use this site so I will give you my email address so you can email me if you find anything. It is I am sooooo glad I'm not crazy. Everybody I tell this to just nods their heads and smiles at me like I am losing it.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Dec 4, 2008, 02:31 AM

I am older and I remember in the 80's there were claymation type cartoons that were very popular. They were done in the early 70's , but were real big in the 80's; Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman... etc etc.. So I am thinking it's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. ??

It's about Kris Kringle a young boy who started a gift factory where he builds... and gives them to all the local children. But when the evil ruler Burgermeister Meisterburger bans toys from the land, Kris is forced to go directly to Mother Nature and beseech her for assistance. With the help of magical elves and several special reindeer, Kris works hard to overcome the Burgermeister and deliver toys to all the children of the world, earning him the name Saint Claus, or Santa Claus.

Dec 4, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ATYOURSERVICE View Post
    I am older and I remember in the 80's there were claymation type cartoons that were very popular. They were done in the early 70's , but were real big in the 80's; Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman...etc etc.. so I am thinking it's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. ??????????????

It's about Kris Kringle a young boy who started a gift factory where he builds ... and gives them to all the local children. But when the evil ruler Burgermeister Meisterburger bans toys from the land, Kris is forced to go directly to Mother Nature and beseech her for assistance. With the help of magical elves and several special reindeer, Kris works hard to overcome the Burgermeister and deliver toys to all the children of the world, earning him the name Saint Claus, or Santa Claus.

No. I own all of the old claymation christmas movies. It most definitely wasn't one of those. This was just your typical cartoon type movie. I have been looking for it for about 3 yrs and can't find a trace of it. Thank you though!! I appriciate you trying. Please let me know if you think of something else.

Dec 4, 2008, 06:46 PM

The elf was cute and had big ears?

Yeah huh?. I have an idea.. will get back to you .

Dec 5, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Man... I thought it would have been The Year without a Santa Claus, but no.
    Cute movie though.

Dec 5, 2008, 11:07 PM

How about Mad Monster Party! Remember that?
    bras4224 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 01:53 AM

It's not a Rankin/Bass claymation, it's just a standard low-budget looking cartoon.

Dec 8, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bras4224 View Post
    It's not a Rankin/Bass claymation, it's just a standard low-budget looking cartoon.

No. That's not it either. I am in the United States and there was someone who found my question on here and has been emailing me that is in the UK. They saw it also and have been looking for years to find it. This is a real tough one. They are about 7 yrs younger than I am so I am beginning to think it came on in the 90's and not possibly the 80's. Thanks again for your ideas! Let me know if you find anything else.
    lfarber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:23 AM
    It's called RUDOLPH AND THE ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS!! The most AMAZING Christmas movie of all time!
    It has the cute little boy elf with the blonde, "swoop" hair, the Abominable snowman, etc.

Dec 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lfarber View Post
    it's called RUDOLPH AND THE ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS!!! The most AMAZING Christmas movie of all time!
    It has the cute little boy elf with the blonde, "swoop" hair, the Abominable snowman, etc.

Nope. That's not it either. I own that one. This is an unbelievable hard one. There is only one other person other than my sister and I who have seen it and they are in the U.K. Thank you so much though, and if you find anything else please let me know!!
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Oct 24, 2009, 12:19 PM

Is it called like The Littlest Christmas Elf or something like that?
    kristijna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 01:53 PM

I'm pretty sure that you are looking for a TV special called year without a santa claus. It has an ice meizer and a heat meizer. This is claymation and was made in the 1960's or 70's. Hope this helps

Dec 24, 2009, 08:41 AM

That's not it :( thanks for the help though!
    Zcheese24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
    It's Mori no Tonto Tachi. That's the Japanese name, anyway. I don't know what the dubbed name was. My sister found the series on You Tube and I recognized the characters. I, too, saw the cartoon when I was little and watched our tape of it every Xmas until my mom "donated/lost" the video tape... Anyway, You Tube videos aren't in English, but it's definitely them (sans the snow monsters)!

Be sure let the other desperate people know they aren't insane. XD
    Looky24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:30 PM
    It's Mori no Tonto Tachi. That's the Japanese name, anyway. I don't know what the dubbed name was. My sister found the series on You Tube and I recognized the characters. I, too, saw the cartoon when I was little and watched our tape of it every Xmas until my mom "donated/lost" the video tape... Anyway, You Tube videos aren't in English, but it's definitely them (sans the snow monsters)!

LRTM24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:31 PM

Zcheese24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 05:38 PM

Sorry about the triple posting. This weird log-in thing happened... whatever. Merry Christmas!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is a tough one... 80's - early 90's TV show/movie [ 9 Answers ]

OK I saw this animated show/movie (can't remember which it was) on TV when I was really young. It couldn't have been before 1985. It involved a witch or sorcerer who had the ablity to turn people into stone. The villain hyponotized the young men of the village and used them to round up all...

Looking for a 80's or early 90's show [ 3 Answers ]

I didn't see this show on TV it was shown in my library class when I was in sixth grade I have talked to three or four other people who remember it but can't remember the name. The show is about these kids in the future who walk through this forest and find a door that takes them into an abandoned...

Swamp bears? 80's or early 90's movie/tv show [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody This has been killing me for quite a while. Not sure if it's a movie or TV show but I used to adore it!. all I can remember is something about bears, or a bear that lives in a swamp and used to be in the circus. They MIGHT live in a tree? And I think that two aligators were the bad...

Mid 80's early 90's child show name? [ 4 Answers ]

I have two questions 1. there was a show in the late 80's early 90's and it had a woman who worked at a store and there were puppets in it too and at night they would go up to the attic and the manikins would come alive and the puppets I think were a mouse, and old man then at the end they wouod...

Late 80's early 90's t.v. Show or movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been plagued with this for quite a while. Okay, so I know its either an animated t.v. show or movie, and it has animals in it; the main character is a white girl rabbit, that is always the heroine. I keep remembering one part where a fox comes into the village and steals stuff, one...

View more questions Search