Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alih786 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Windows XP Hibernation
    After I put the PC on hibernate, after a minute the computer automatically turns on. This never used to happen. I have no automated tasks running.

What could be the problem, please help?
    monkjonk93 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Sometimes, you can check to find this problem by putting the PC in hibernate mode and then unplugging your mouse and keyboard from the cpu. If it stays on hibernation, then you know that dust may have been the problem. Sometimes dust will get into the keyboard and/or mouse and will activate the controls.

If this is not the problem, try using anti malware and anti virus scanners to find if you have a virus or spy/ad ware. These can sometimes mess with your files and turn certain things on.

Keep me up to date with the solution. Next time please mention what kind of cpu u have. Ex windows xp compaq presario 6 years old, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When do snakes come out of hibernation? [ 11 Answers ]

My kids and I love to catch snakes in the summertime. Some rat snakes and garders but mostly water snakes: Queens and Northerns, which we typically find under rocks in creeks and rivers. In my area (central ohio) it gets very cold, so I do understand that they hibernate... but I'm not finding...

Stuck in hibernation mode? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 running Windows XP that went into hibernation mode & now I can’t get it to start-up. The computer was acting strange just before this happened, When I tried to shut it down as usually it would start back up automatically in about 20 seconds. The only way to shut it down...

Hibernation hp pavilion dv4000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an hp pavilion dv4000. I have never had a problem, but a virus destroyed my software, and they have to reinstall the operating system again. All my info was lost. Now it is OK, but I can't hibernate, and when I close the lid it doesn't turn down. What can I do? The option of stand by is...

Hibernation mode [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two laptops, one HP and one Toshiba, both very new editions. But only my Toshiba laptop has the hibernation mode on it. Is it possible to add this mode to a computer?

View more questions Search