Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Computer_illiterate Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Modem for highspeed?
    Quick queastion.. my modem isn't working however we can now get highspeed where I live. I was wonderingif you need a modem to have highspeed
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Yes. Your high-speed provider often sends out self-installation kits that include a modem that is specific to their network hardware.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 30, 2006, 07:06 PM
    I agree with NeedKarma... you definitely need a BROADBAND Modem... all providers that I know of that offer highspeed DSL or Cable will give you an install kit that includes the Modem(external box),Ethernet cable,Filters (dsl),USB cable(if you don't want to use the included ethernet or you don't have an ethernet jack) and power cord and software... really easy to install

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modem com port 4 [ 4 Answers ]

I have come across this problem a few times but can never remember how I fixed it. My modem is installing on COM port 4, I only have COM port 1 and 2. I have NO resource conflicts, have uninstalled and reinstalled many times with the same result. Thanks Dan

I need dsl modem help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm planning on getting a dsl modem connection for my room know how would this thing be set up in my room I already have a phone jack in my room which I don't use atm could I use this or would some guy come in amd make a new one

Modem driver [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking for a driver for my modem.. it's a Motorola FM-56pci/mt-us.

Modem Types [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone advise me on what I have to do if I currently have a broadband connection (all connected up and installed) in my home but my PC only seems to have a 56k modem installed. Ie: Is there still a way I can connect to the internet on my PC via my broadband cable? The connector on the...

View more questions Search