Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kt123456 Posts: 36, Reputation: -2

Aug 30, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Being stood up
    OK so tonight my crush who I thought liked me was ocming over because no one was home. We organised for him to meet at my house at 7 as it is in walking distance. However he didn't show so text him saying are you coming. And he wote back after half an hour saying yeah is anybody home, do you still want me to come. Since iwas upset as it was I wrote back no don't bother you I'm sick of waiting for you to text bak and waiting for you for 2 hours. Don't bother, you're a waste of time. And now an hour later he didn't write back. I have been his friends since primary school and I don't want to loose him but perhaps I should. He has been the one making the plans and saying he liked me. I'm so depressed and don't no what to do. I don't feel I will be able to get over this in a long time.:(
    Ettevy Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kt123456
    ok so tonight my crush who i thought liked me was ocming over because no one was home. we organised for him to meet at my house at 7 as it is in walking distance. however he didnt show so text him saying are you coming. and he wote back after half an hour saying yeh is anybody home, do you still want me to come. since iwas upset as it was i wrote back no dont bother you im sick of waiting for you to text bak and waiting for you for 2 hours. dont bother, your a waste of time. and now an hour later he didnt write back. i have been his friends since primary school and i dont want to loose him but perhaps i should. he has been the one making the plans and saying he liked me. im so depressed and dont no wat to do. i dont feel i will be able to get over this in a long time.:(
    Listen, you are lucky that he is showing you now how half- he is. However, give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have gotten nervous. Hear him out if he wants to explain, but forgive if you allow him to give you the reasoning behind his frigidness. Also, wait a long while before heading out again with this guy.

Life is too short to be dying over this one evening in your life. Hope this helps.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 10:05 AM
    He doesn't sound reliable, and you don't sound very patient. How old are you both??

Aug 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    He doesn't sound reliable, and you don't sound very patient. How old are you both???
    17. I think being two hours late for a date with not even a text message to tell you they are going to be late and he most likely just sitting at home with his mates. This is the second time it has happened.

Aug 30, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettevy
    Listen, you are lucky that he is showing you now how half- he is. However, give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have gotten nervous. Hear him out if he wants to explain, but forgive if you allow him to give you the reasoning behind his frigidness. Also, wait a long while before heading out again with this guy.

Life is too short to be dying over this one evening in your life. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer:) but sorry what did your first sentence mean? Well if he does not text back does that mean he obviously does not care? This is the second time it has happened.
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 03:23 PM
    I thought liked me was ocming over because no one was home.
    Either he was afraid your parents would catch him, and that's not good, or he was having more fun where he was at. Either way have a conversation, and let him explain why he blew you off again, or kick him to the curb.

Aug 30, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Either he was afraid your parents would catch him, and thats not good, or he was having more fun where he was at. Either way have a conversation, and let him explain why he blew you off again, or kick him to the curb.

After the text message I sent him he never apologised so if I am to talk to him does this mean I have to text him because that is kind of contradicting myself after I told him he was a waste of time. Should I wait for him to text me but I'm pretty sure he won't or do I let it settle for a month.
    Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 05:22 PM
    If you accept bad or disrespectful behavior, it will continue. Why even waste time on some one who has no time for you, and doesn't keep his word??

People like that get ignored by me, and maybe you need to ignore him.

Never make a person a priority in your life, while allowing them to make you a option in theirs.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Why does everyone text messge each other? Haven't you ever heard of a telephone? That would have solved everything right there. Texting leaves too much to the vivid imagination. Don't use it. It is not effective communication as you have just found out. It is also quite possible he didn't physically get your last text message. If you were truly alone in the house, why wouldn't you just call him on the phone? You, my dear, are the game player here.
    duari91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2008, 07:54 PM
    I am guessing this person is just really nervous, knowing that because I have done this before when I was younger. Sometimes its just too much for people to get past the nervousness. The thing is that he didn't talk to you after that, and that's something that you would have to watch out for. On the other hand, the other people are right, texting is NOT a good form of communication, things are easily translated into other things. Try calling this person, and talk about it, and at that point hopefully you can solve this.
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2008, 08:13 PM
    If I was you I would just call him and ask him why since you said this was not the frist time if he does not answer you give him some ideas of wt he can respond back to as ask him are you nerves or do you relly not want to come over or did you get busy and forget just come out and ask him and see if you can make a mends of it and then you will have your answers and have it all out in the open and it will be done and over with and then you can decide if you still want to be friends with him after you hear what he has to say I would not tex him though I would call him and talk to him on the phone this way you are not wateing around for a tex back from him

Aug 30, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maupin
    loooks like u f****d up dont feel to bad ull find someone else
    Sorry what do u mean I stuffed up?:confused:

Aug 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meagank
    if i was you i would just call him and ask him why since u said this was not the frist time if he does not answer you give him some ideas of wt he can respond back to as ask him are u nerves or do you relly not want to come over or did you get busy and forget just come out and ask him and see if you can make a mends of it and then you will have your answers and have it all out in the open and it will be done and over with and then you can decide if you still want to be friends with him after you hear what he has to say i would not tex him though i would call him and talk to him on the phone this way you are not wateing around for a tex back from him

Thank you for your answer:) the only reason I don't want to call him is because I feel he is in the wrong and he hasn't apologised and I don't particularly know if I want to talk to him at this moment in time. But I probably will over the next week. Xx

Aug 30, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Why does everyone text messge each other? Haven't you ever heard of a telephone? That would have solved everything right there. Texting leaves too much to the vivid imagination. Don't use it. It is not effective communication as you have just found out. It is also quite possible he didn't physically get your last text message. If you were truly alone in the house, why wouldn't you just call him on the phone? You, my dear, are the game player here.

Yes I do agree that the phone is better but he did get my text that's y he after an hour answered me back. You are entitled to your own opinion but I do not see how I am the game player.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:05 AM
    KT, STOP!!

You are driving yourself crazy over this guy who stood you up.. right or wrong and no matter his intentions.

This is his screw up to fix so don't talk to him until he does. The more time you put between you, you may relize this was for the best. Look if an emergency came up then he's perfectly right for canceling and not notifying you, but he would then be obligated to tell you at another date hey "my sister got stabbed and I went to the hospital (or whatever)" but I'd like to make it up to you. That's how a man makes up for standing someone up.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Aug 31, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Just forget about him.
    Next time don't even bother to find out if he is coming or not. Wait 30 min and make other plans. Your time is valuable, why you are trying to be convenient for someone who does not appreciate you enough?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Sep 15, 2008, 01:24 PM
    I feel that what he did was very wrong. I know you like him but do you like what he did?
    To me there is no excuse for this and to try to talk to him amd give him a another chance may hurt you even more.
    Mark this one up and get out. Every one deserves happiness and respect.
    The is also the chance thatl ater on when he has grown a little more he will come to you a changed person. Don't wait on it. Find yourself the happiness that you deserve.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Boristheblade disagrees: In defence of text messaging, for some young people or in fact any people--it is the only accessible communication because calling is so expensive

Calling expensive? You have GOT to be kidding about this! Texting leaves so much to be desired PLUS you have no idea if the other person actually got your text in the first place. Please join the real world and pick up the phone and call the other person. I feel texting is actually rude unless the person can't accept calls. I don't feel it's the "only accessible communication" either. Texting messages are cumbersome and take too long to text back (provided the person got the text in the first place).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 08:26 AM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    isabelle disagrees: No one should take a chance of being offened twice[/QUOTE]

Revenge reddie -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search