Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlorme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Trying to find movie from 80s- set somewhere in asia I think
    I am trying to figure out the name of a movie that I saw probably back in the mid 80s. I thought it had Patrick Swayze in it but I am not sure now.
    All I can remember is one scene though.

It takes place somewhere in Asia I think. A little village. I think he is living amongst the villagers but not real sure. The scene I remember is he drives in to town in a jeep. The little boy went with him. They stopped at some building. The main guy gets out of the jeep to go in and the boy wants to go with him but the man makes him stay. While the man is in the building, someone sticks a grenade or something in the gas tank and blows up the jeep with the little boy in it. Then they show the man walking through the village either carrying the boy or following behind his body during a funeral procession.

Anyway, if anyone can help me figure out what this movie is, I would be really grateful. Its just one of those things that is bugging me.
    scarberryt Posts: 71, Reputation: 15

Aug 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
    I have never seen it, but I think this may be what your after City of Joy (1992)

Quicklinks
    Main detailscombined detailsfull cast and crewcompany creditsuser commentsexternal reviewsnewsgroup reviewsawardsuser ratingsrecommendationsmessage boardplot summaryplot keywordsmemorable quotestriviasoundtrack listingmovie connectionsmerchandising linksbox office/businessrelease datesfilming locationstechnical specslaserdisc detailsDVD detailsliterature listingstaglinestrailers and videospostersmiscellaneousphotographs
    Top Links
    Trailers and videos
    Full cast and crew
    Trivia
    Official sites
    Memorable quotes

Overview
    Main details
    Combined details
    Full cast and crew
    Company credits
    TV schedule

Awards & Reviews
    User comments
    External reviews
    Newsgroup reviews
    Awards
    User ratings
    Parents guide
    Recommendations
    Message board

Plot & Quotes
    Plot summary
    Plot synopsis
    Plot keywords
    Amazon.com summary
    Memorable quotes

Fun Stuff
    Trivia
    Goofs
    Soundtrack listing
    Crazy credits
    Alternate versions
    Movie connections
    FAQ

Other Info
    Merchandising links
    Box office/business
    Release dates
    Filming locations
    Technical specs
    Laserdisc details
    DVD details
    Literature listings
    NewsDesk

Promotional
    Taglines

Trailers and videos

Posters

Photo gallery

External Links
    Showtimes
    Official sites
    Miscellaneous
    Photographs
    Sound clips
    video clips
    scarberryt Posts: 71, Reputation: 15

Aug 30, 2008, 08:34 AM
    That did'nt work out like I thought. City of Joy is the name of the movie. I tried to send a link.. but... anyways Fyi If you know the actors name you can go to The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Sep 8, 2008, 07:14 AM
    I tried City of Joy. That is not it. I looked all over IMDb. I am thinking now it must be a scene from Good Morning Vietnam. Not sure how I mixed up the actors but will buy yet another dvd and see if that is it or not.

Sep 24, 2008, 05:06 AM
    It is not Good Morning Vietnam. Anyone Else have any ideas?
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 08:50 AM

It's the 1982 movie Don't Cry, It's Only Thunder. An imdb.com reviewer states: "The film was very accurate in costuming, the military lingo of the time, the depiction of the out-of-control black market, the lack of government support for the orphanages, the delayed booby trap of the hand grenade in the gas tank, and so on."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Other Arts NOT from Asia [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone here study any arts that are NOT Asian/Pacific? More specifically, European arts? I would like to learn and study other arts as it was an Italian Renaissance martial art that first taught me. Also, I would really love to spar, but are there places, clubs, or dojos that allow anyone...

My friend wants to travel in Asia [ 6 Answers ]

My friend wants to travel to Asia this year, what else does she needs besides a US Passport? She is a US citizen. Thank you:)

Asia [ 1 Answers ]

Into which continent did the Assyrian Empirer spead from lands in Asia?

View more questions Search