Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbill42436 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Increasing water pressure
    I'm taking a some college courses and they have been doing a lot of "Critical Thinking"questions.I won't go into detail about the question,but the short version of it is that;suppose you just bought a house and you yourself checked everything out ,(plumbing,electrical,etc.. ).Everything is up to code.You decide to plant a garden in the back lot and purchase 250ft. Of garden hose to water the garden and find out that there is not enough water pressure.I have all the tools and equipment needed,(nothing can be powered though),to fix this problem.I need to increase the water pressure enough to possibly install a multiple water sprinkler system.Is the answer to this question that I need to say start with a larger garden hose and keep decreasing the size until I get the adequate pressure I need? Any help would be beneficiary.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 06:22 AM
    My suggestion would be to do what the course is all about. Think. Wouldn't simple logic tell you to consider the source of the water, what volume of water is available, at what pressure and at what rate. For the purposes of this exercise the volume may be, or may appear to be unlimited, if you are on a municipal water system. If you are on a well system, the volume would definitely be limited. Then consider your needs. What is the required volume and pressure of each sprinkler head. Sprinklers do require a minimum pressure to function properly. You can then consider the size or number of hoses. What pressure and volume will be available at the garden for a specified pressure and volume at the house if a certainly size hose is used. What options do you have? Does the garden have to be watered all at one time? Could one sprinkler be used to water a portion of the garden then turned off and another be used to water another part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing the water flow of a Moen shower head [ 5 Answers ]

I have just installed new bathroom fixtures, Moen brand. I have tried to increase the pressure of the shower head. I have taken out the O ring in the top and I have unscrewed the face of the head. I have not been able to remove the head or remove the plastic in the neck. I don't want to break it...

Increasing my water pressure WellXTrol WX202 [ 3 Answers ]

How do I increase my water pressure WellXTrol WX202?

Water volume increasing or decreasing? [ 3 Answers ]

I was having an argument the other night with my husband and he said that we've had the same amount of water (volume) since the beginning of time. I said that slowly humans have been comsuming it and that we may still be close to the same amount but it has decrease because water may be the miricle...

Increasing Hot Water flow in Shower [ 8 Answers ]

I am in a 4 year old home. The County Inspectors had done something in the kids' bath that only allowed lukewarm water to flow in the shower. Understand that this was done to prevent scalding water to flow on to the kids. I believe this is something to do with the Flow Valve or Cartridge or...

Increasing well water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

How do I Increase my well water pressure?

View more questions Search