Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Is the no salt substitue for salt dangerous
    My 80 year old grandpaw was told to cut down on his salt intake. We bought the no-salt substitute because he would not cut down on the amount of salt he used. His taste buds are not working correctly because he can not tell the difference. If you have ever tried it you knoe what I mean. Anyway, someone told me before the salt substitute caused some people problems. I don't know if it was just a few people or many. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 08:02 PM
    This problem is a simple fix. Take the salt away completely. He will eat when he is hungry enough.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Here is a search with a lot about salt and salt substitutes
    I think it can be bad for your thyroid, especially if he doesn't get iodine found in salt.
    Salt substitutes contain potassium chloride instead of sodium

NO salt substitute dangers - Google Search
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Thanks guys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salt and ice [ 5 Answers ]

My friend says that salt and ice burn you skin on contact if I try it, I just want to now if it will :confused:

Is it excess of salt dangerous [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, My wife is very addicted to salt. She uses it regularly not only in daily dishes but she prefers time after time to hold in her moth a granule of salt. This worries me because I fear that by doing this she might damage kidneys and have other side effect to blood etc. When I ask her to...

Salt pellet damage to car from salt truck [ 2 Answers ]

Re: Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). My car was pelted by salt pellets being sprayed on the Kennedy Expy. Near Chicago. The pavement was totally dry thus causing the pellets to fly into my car which was traveling at 55 mph, damaging the hood and fenders extensively to the tune of over...

View more questions Search