Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockchick182 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 02:43 PM
    I can't get over my ex
    Heyy. When I first started going out with this guy who lives down the street from me, it was amazing, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. We dated for about 2 months, and then he started to ignore me and while we were hugging he said to me 'your dumped'! I was so down and I cried for days. But I went to his house and asked if we still were friends, he said yes, and since then he has been weird with me. When he is with other people he is really nasty to me, but when we are on our own he is so sweet and hugs me all the time. He also has mood swings where one day he likes me and the next day he hates me. I have a boyfriend at the moment, but I wish I was back together with my ex because it doesn't feel right dating the person that am. I don't know what to do. He broke up with me over 6 months ago but I still like him. He might be moving to Spain soon which has made me cry even more, yes even now I still cry about him, I just need some advice on what to do.
    DrLang Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Aug 29, 2008, 09:03 PM
    It sounds like you need to part with him at least for a while. It sounds like he is very uncertain as to how he feels about you and how he should feel. Just try to cut down on hanging out for a while, and done let him give you any s*** when he's with other people.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 29, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Sounds like an a$$h0l3....

Find a better guy~!
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Aug 29, 2008, 09:34 PM
    What are you doing with this other guy if you'd rather be with your ex? I'm not saying you should get back with your ex but first things first, break up with the guy you're with. It's not fair to string someone along.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Aug 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
    I agree with hjpan, he sounds like a real a$$.
    He tries to show off to his friends by being mean to you when his friends are around. He likes you one day then hates you another. He broke up with you by saying, "you're dumped." He sounds like an insensitive jerk, and I don't know what you see in him. Maybe him moving to Spain is for the best, so that he is out of your life, and you can get over him much eaiser.

And next time he is an a$$ to you in front of his friends, slap him and tell him to shut up, then walk away, or just walk away. No violence, right? But don't let him do that to you.

Find another guy, like the one you're currently with, and focus your attention on him and not this ex. You need to move on, and the ex is no good.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
    What do you really like about him since it doesn't sound like he is consistent enough to really like much about him. He dumps you out of no where, he treats you like dirt around his friends. He says you can be friends but he really doesn't mean it, really. He is just accepting you as a friend on his terms which really is of little or no value if you really look at it for what it is. I agree leave this new guy BUT I don't think you should be trying to get this guy back. Really how do you picture him treating you if you could get him to say he will get back together with you?

Sep 1, 2008, 03:34 AM
    I know that he sounds like a total d**k head, but lately he has been reli nice to me and has gone on a daiy jog with me and got me a gift, even in front of his friends!! And I don't want to just forget him because that's not who I am, I want to be good friends with him (like we were before we started going out) and if he wants to, go back out with him, but if he doesn't I would totally settle for good friendship

Sep 1, 2008, 03:39 AM
    I know he sounds like a total d**k head, but lately he has been really nice to me. He has gone on daily jogs with me, and has even got me a gift. Also he is being nice to me in front of his mates. I don't want to just forget about him, because that's not who I am, if he doesn't want to go bck out with me I would totally settle for a good friendship (like we had before we went out) I just need to know what to do from here to keep the friendship going?

Sep 1, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchick182
    I know that he sounds like a total d**k head, but lately he has been reli nice to me and has gone on a daiy jog with me and got me a gift, even infront of his friends!!! and i don't want to just forget him because thats not who i am, i want to be good friends with him (like we were b4 we started going out) and if he wants to, go back out with
    him, but if he doesn't i would totally settle for good friendship

He is trying not to "lose face"... one of the chinese old metaphorical sayings.

Forget him! His past of being a wad is over... what makes you think he is going to change?
    out_the_window Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:35 AM
    A moody guy will ALWAYS cause a relationship to go downhill. It's unhealthy for you to stay in there, you don't deserve to cry constantly because of him. He sounds like he's toying with your emotions, and that's not fair to you.

Stay strong, you're better than him!

Sep 1, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by out_the_window
    A moody guy will ALWAYS cause a relationship to go downhill. It's unhealthy for you to stay in there, you don't deserve to cry constantly because of him. He sounds like he's toying with your emotions, and that's not fair to you.

Stay strong, you're better than him!
    I can't help but cry though. As sad as this sounds it feels like I'm in a black hole with no way of escaping. And I have self harmed before because I was sooooooo depressed, but that was months ago and I haven't done it since. I know I'm better off without him, but I don't want it to be that way.

Sep 1, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchick182
    I can't help but cry though. As sad as this sounds it feels like im in a black hole with no way of escaping. And i have self harmed before because i was sooooooo depressed, but that was months ago and i havn't done it since. I know im better off without him, but i don't want it to be that way.
    It seems hard right now but it gets bit better...
    rocker550 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 07:44 AM
    I'm goig through the same thing pretty much. Xpet we went out for 6 months and she wanted to go on a break and one day just "stopped loving me" it hurt like hell. I tried suicide countless times... but I found just trying to forget him helps. Throw away any pictures of him, block his screenname/myspace/facebook... because once you see his face or something that reminds you of him, itl hurt. Ik its hard but you'l make it through girl :(
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Sep 2, 2008, 02:46 PM
    It sounds to me this ex-bf of yours might be jealous of your current boyfriend, and is only nice to you because he's trying to win you back. But if he did, he'd do it all over again. It's like a game.

I did it. I'll admit, when I was 17-19, I did just that to about 4-5 girls. They were so emotional, and I could do the littlest things to get them back and just be "in control". Then I could dump them, and only talk/use them when I wanted.

I'm not like that now. Engaged, ready to marry. But I went through that phase, and it sounds like your ex is going through that too.

Sep 19, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Thanks for all of your help everyone. You all really helped me with my problem. We both now don't like each other and even thou he has told me to go and die, I don't care, whyy should I let him ruin my life. Thanks everyone, I'm relli happy with my current boyfriend and we are so happy together that I'm not going to let some jerk off jealous 2 timing backstabing freak of a guy ruin my life any longer.
    kaykay0941 Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2008, 02:09 PM
    He's An A$$, There's Better Guys iN The World For You,
    What Guy Hug's You As They Dump You?
    A Practical Pr!ck Does That..
    He Sounds Like A Complete Jerk, Lol, No Offence, But iF He Did That To Me, I Would have Slapped Him. Lol, That's Just Me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search