Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howardb53 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Accident claim
    After a claim is filed how long do I have to get treatment for injurys I mean one year two years. Does my attorney have to tell me if insurance company makes an offer do I get to decide
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Depending on the accident and causes, who was at fault, etc. I would say if it is taking that long then you need a better lawyer to settle.

Aug 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Accident claim
    Do have the right for treatment and how long can I get it for the other party was at fault that's what my attorney says

Aug 30, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Claim accident
    Once a claim is established how long can I get treatment for being injured in an accident
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by howardb53
    once a claim is established how long can i get treatment for being injured in an accident

In most cases until you are discharged from medical care or, in no fault States, until you reach the dollar limit.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 07:24 AM
    do have the right for treatment and how long can i get it for the other party was at fault thats what my attorney says

Please stop posting the same question - the answer is (and was) until your Physician discharges you or until you meet the maximum med pay on the policy, if you are talking about insurance paying your medical bills.

Obviously if you are paying your own bills you can treat forever.

This is a question to be asked your Attorney who is familiar with the policy, the accident, your treatment - anyone else is guessing, me included.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 07:28 AM
    after a claim is filed how long do i have to get treatment for injurys i mean one year two years. does my attorney have to tell me if insurance company makes an offer do i get to decide

I'm a liability investigator - here's how it works in my State.

You already have an Attorney, right?

Okay - I've already answered this on one of your other threads. You can get medical care paid for by the insurance company until the Physician discharges you for medical problems caused by the accident OR until the company has paid the maximum under the policy. Then you're on your own.

Yes, your Attorney has to tell you of any settlement offers. The Attorney cannot settle this matter without your consent. You have to be informed and advised.

If you are still treating it is far too early to even think settlement. When you are finished treating and any permanent injuries are known to all parties, then the negotiating will begin.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
    >Threads Merged<
    Please keep to one thread for the same issue
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Depending on the accident and causes, who was at fault, etc. I would say if it is taking that long then you need a better lawyer to settle.

This person is still treating and asking questions about continuing treatment - it's far to early to even THINK settlement - or else he'll get short changed and the insurance carrier will laugh all the way to the bank.

Even after treatment is finished if there is no agreement on the cause of the accident, the responsibility, two or three years is not unusual to settle/try/agree. Doesn't mean the Attorney isn't doing his/her job. In fact, the Attorney is or he/she would be pushing the OP to settle short.

It may very well be different in Canada - I can only address US.

Sep 2, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Insurance company
    Yes if I was driving my employers truck and was hit by some one and my employer claimed it on his insurance because he couldn't find info for other party and his insurance paid him I was allso insured under him but now they say I owe them what they paid my employer for damages how can they charge me when some one hit me and was at fault
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2008, 11:29 AM
    If you were not a registered driver they might be able to sue you. If you weren't at fault the suit should be dismissed.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Hello howard:

His car was insured. If you would have been hurt, you were covered too. But, YOU weren't insured for liability. If the company can prove that YOU were responsible for the accident, they can make you pay.

I would write them a certified letter, return receipt requested, and tell them to sue you.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
    If you were driving the truck doing his business you should be covered. Was this during business operational hours and business related or after hours personal trip? If they want you to pay for his truck it is the collision part that they aren't granting, not the liability. Liability would be for the other guys vehicle and medical expenses.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
    yes if i was driving my employers truck and and was hit by some one and my employer claimed it on his insurance because he couldnt find info for other party and his insurance paid him i was allso insured under him but now they say i owe them what they paid my employer for damages how can they charge me when some one hit me and was at fault

I don't understand they "can't find info for other party" stuff - what "other info" can't "they" find?

What is your proof that you were not at fault?

The insurance company can attempt to sue you for their out of pocket but I don't see how they can win when you were insured at that moment under the same policy as the driver of their insured's vehicle - ? They would be suing themselves.

What State?

I some part of the story missing - ?

Or is the other driver bringing a suit against your employer as owner and you as the driver?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 03:00 PM
    You did not give enough info, who was the other driver, why don't you have the other info. If it was "hit and run"

If the insurance company perhaps does not believe your story and thinks you did it, If you caused the accident, it is possible for them to come after you for repayment

Now is the truck owned by the business or just the boss, is the insurance company business or merely personal insurance

Sep 11, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Accident claim
    If I went for treatment one time for injurys in accident what is usual offer from insurance company.thank you
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
    if i went for treatment one time for injurys in accident what is usual offer from insurance company.thank you

There is no "usual." What was the injury and is it permanent?

Sep 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Accident claim
    Can my attorney settle my claim with out my consent I didn't sign power of attorney
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
    can my attorney settle my claim with out my consent i didnt sign power of attorney

I've never seen an Attorney request a Power of Attorney concerning an accident.

No, the Attorney is bound by ethics to review any settlement offers with you and obtain your acceptance or denial. He/she cannot settle without your consent.

You have asked several questions about his accident. There is some conflicting information. I've specifically answered this settlement question before. You are asked questions to help people answer but don't provide the information; instead, you open a new thread.

These questions should be combined.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 11, 2008, 01:02 PM
    >MULTIPLE threads merged<
    Please stick yto ONE thread for this issue and be consistent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto accident claim [ 4 Answers ]

My wife, son and I were recently in a car accident. We were hit from behind, which caused minimal damage. The other drivers insurance has paid for the damage, which was the bumper. The insurance gave what I believe to be a crappy settlement offer. Both my wife and son went to the E.R. and released...

Accident - Claim [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All : I have been in an accident about a month ago. Please give me some advice on what I can do. I were already in the circle when a taxi drove into me. My car can't be repaired. What am I to do? Can I put in a claim in against the driver / owner of the taxi? Located - South Africa -...

Auto Accident Claim [ 7 Answers ]

Three cars were involved in a collision on an icy road. Car 1 hit his brakes to avoid another car in front of him. Car 2 hit her brakes but slid into Car 1. I am Car 3. I see them collide and move to the next lane over to avoid a collision, but when Car 2 hits Car 1, she slides sideways into my...

How to settle a car accident claim [ 4 Answers ]

I was injured in a car accident about 6 months ago. I started by going to the ER room and then to a chiropractor. My symptoms did not go away so I went to an orthopedic doctor and found I have a bulging disc in my neck. I was given a tens machine and can periodically go to the doctor for...

View more questions Search