Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BLAKELY Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Sort my credit report out-i'm in debt
    I owe about $7,584.00 Total in Debt as of 8-29-08
    $4,153.00 In installments-delinqent accounts??
    $1,047.00 In revolving accounts??
    $2,357.00 In collections current accounts??

And I have a Judgement It only says Liablity Is 3200 I assume that is the amount
    But not sure.:confused:

I add up all 3 and it only comes to $7,557.00:confused:

I have gotten my credit report and some of them say that the account status is closes, some say charge off and one sats It's Potentially Negative But there is no amount due but payment is 180 days past due?

A few others are saying closed no past due amount and has a limit OF 500.00 on one and the other is 210.00 limit?
    I'm not sure if that means these were in the time and they got wrote off but they still show up on my credit report.
    All of this is foreign to me so please help me figures some of this out

Thank you
    BSmith
    BLAKELY Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2008, 09:05 AM
    My credit report confusses me
    $4,153.00 In installments-delinqent accounts??
    $1,047.00 In revolving accounts??
    $2,357.00 In collections current accounts??

And I have a Judgement It only says Liablity Is 3200 I assume that is the amount

I have gotten my credit report and some of them say that the account status is closes, some say charge off and one sats It's Potentially Negative But there is no amount due but payment is 180 days past due?

A few others are saying closed no past due amount and has a limit OF 500.00 on one and the other is 210.00 limit?
    I'm not sure if that means these were in the time and they got wrote off but they still show up on my credit report.

Thank you
    BSmith
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKELY
    $4,153.00 In installments-delinqent accounts?????????
    $1,047.00 In revolving accounts????????????
    $2,357.00 In collections current accounts??????

I'm not sure if that means these were in the time period and they got wrote off but they still show up on my credit report.

Thank you
    BSmith

Should be combined - please don't keep posting the same question.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2008, 10:09 AM
    First, you should never expect your credit report to tally exactly with your bills. Timing issues, different reporting policies, etc will throw things off.

Generally I look to make sure everything on the report is accurate as to the accounts. In other words, there are no accounts that do not belong to me and that the status of those accounts is reasonably accurate.
    l
    Second, a write off or charge off is only a tax maneouver. It has no affect on your obligation to pay or a creditor's ability to collect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old debt from credit report [ 3 Answers ]

I printed out my credit report and found that a lot of old debt is dating back over seven years and was being sold to other collection agencies. It looks like recent debts. I thought that a debt could only be claimed for seven years and that after that it would be removed from my credit report. How...

Debt Collector & Credit Report show different Balance [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I searched before I posted sorry if this kind of situation was posted before Can a debt collector change the balance owed on a debt. I stupidly made a $1,000 payment without checking my credit report and was told over the phone along with a letter over the mail that I owed $2,127, we...

New Charge-Off Shows up on Credit Report for Old, Old debt. [ 2 Answers ]

Although I am sober now and have been for a couple of years, in 1997 I began a rapid decline into addiction. By September of that year, I had stopped making payments on any of my credit cards. I just got my free annual credit report (Equifax) and found that most of my accounts are now resolved;...

Debt is not on credit report! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I have been getting letters from a collection agency about an old B of A account that I had with another person... I know that account has been closed for at least 7 to 8 years.. I recently checked my credit report and it is not listed (I checked all 3)... however, they have been sending me...

View more questions Search