Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jon25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 07:10 AM
    How do I copy an electronic key fob?
    I live in a council flat of my friends and need to get a copy of the electronic fob that opens the main door to the apartment block. The council won't copy me a key as the flat is not in my name and my friend is away. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this made?

Cheers
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Well, first you must have a fob to make a copy and it sounds like you do not have one in your hand, right? If its anything like a car fob, even if you have one to copy, the cost can be around $250 if it's a fob that automatically sends out a signal. If you must press a button to send the signal they are about half that price. You will have better luck calling your friend and have him FedEx his fob to you, costs about $15 and can be done in a day. I had to do that last month with a car fob.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Generally electronic keys like that can only be provided by the complex management. If they won't provide it you are stuck.

It would be unethical of any of us to give you any other info since you could be a thief trying to enter the flats illegally.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2011, 05:55 PM

Sorry to hear, I don't see a reason they can't provide a second key, for a small cost, They cost about $3.00.
    Each FOB has its own identification, and would actually help THEM if you each had a FOB, this way, they would know which of you is entering or leaving, If they are that nosey.
    Is this a 1 person? Flat? Having 2 FOBS would allow a second Tenant?
    I see many Companies/People being a JERK, just because they can?
    Good Luck
    Prices have gone up, if this is the type:
    $4.09,
    http://www.security99.com/products.p...&categoryid=19

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Electronic project [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to fix a circuit with a led. I need to use a transistor to play the role of the switch to the led.I want to switch on the led by playing a sound.I know I need a microphone connected to the base of the transistor. That is how far my knowledge goes.any help?? can this be done?and if yes...

Electronic Bible Copy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have a download link to a legitimate/accurate electronic bible copy?

Electronic signatures [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for a university to e-sign for student loans without the apporval and/or authorization of the student? If so, how do they do it?

Electronic hook-ups [ 4 Answers ]

I have an LG 720i lcd TV, I have direct TV HD box and an LG dvd recorder RC 199h, I can't get anything to work. I can watch TV but that is all. Any step by step instructions for me would be great. Thanks

View more questions Search