Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ASKAWAY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Paid only half of salary after termination?
    Okay.. I was currently working as a general manager for a restaurant here in California, owned by a local man with another small restaurant. The owner had been paying me a salary amount of lets say $1000 for every two weeks. I had never worked salary before but knew how it worked. Even if I were sick for two or three days I would still get paid the same. Worked about close to 60 hours a week.. only making what would be about $10.50 an hour if it wernt considered salary. The owner has gone into financial difficulty and had to let both of us managers and about 20 others go. I was let go one day before my next paycheck was to be given to me. So what they are telling me is that I'm only going to get paid for a weeks worth. Are they allowed to prorate my pay like that?:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 05:54 PM
    They have to pay you for all the days you worked.
    ASKAWAY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
    And not the days I didn't? I thought that the way it worked was I would always get the same pay even for the days I didn't
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Not for a termination. They can prorate if your job ends before the end of the pay period. Unless you has paid sick days they didn't even have to pay you for days you didn't work. The only thing is they have can't dock you for part of a day,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paid for Salary people [ 2 Answers ]

In New Jersey. Im on Salary and a supervisior. The company that I work for has been closed for several Friday's for a few weeks due to lack of work. They are telling employees that they have to use a vacation or sick day or unpaid day. They also are telling the supervisors that they have to choose...

They say I am not salary, but why don't I get paid hourly? [ 18 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/payroll/hourly-employee-working-2-080-hours-year-but-getting-paid-just-1-920-a-79955.html My question, is similar to the link above, but I am still not understanding this! I work a total of 37.5 hours a week... No overtime! The same hours each week! Overtime...

What if I paid over half of the children's income [ 4 Answers ]

Originally Posted by ScottGem Usually who can claim the kids as dependents is an issue worked out in the divorce agreement. Its common to alternate years. If its not spelled out in the divorce, then the parent that provides more than 50% of support can claim the deduction. I have a similar...

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search