Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerchica322 View Post
    my friend does that too. here is what im going to do.
    im going to confront her aboutit and tell her to stop because: she can have healh issues and it an become an addiction...shs only 13, too!
    If se does not stop, Im going to tell her parents. Shes stressed out about life and thats the only thing I think is right. My school is stupid, so we dont have an advisor or counslor..so yeah.
    Kids cut in order to be in control of something. For them, cutting "takes the emotional pain away" by drawing blood and causing physical pain.

What does your friend not feel she's in control of in her personal life or family life?
    MelodramaFreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Comment on Kiceskating's post
    ... therapists DO care.
    There's only so much they can do if you don't open up to them. If you're not willing for them to help - don't think they'll be able to help you.
    BrookeWirtz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Just tell her that she should stop. It isn't healthy or safe. Tell her you're here for her and that you will protect her from whatever it is. I would know what and how it feels. I cut myself once and my best friend/older brother Damon (who I've known for not a year and we aren't really related.) followed me to my locker before school, he ditched his girlfriend to go with me. He told me that I shouldn't do that and that he will protect me. He hugged me and rubbed my back while I cried in front of a dozen people. Including his girlfriend, my ex, teachers and the principal. This all happened today. I am sorry for what your friend does. Just do what you can. And that is be there for her. Every single day.
    xohoneyxx23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 04:48 PM
    My friend cuts too. Whenever she thinks of doing it I tell her to call me or text me. Sit down with your friend and tell them that you love them and that nothing good ever comes out of doing something like that. Just let them know that you will always be there for them.
    Maya_EJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
    So my friend had these scars on her left arm and she never wanted to talk about till today. Somehow we got into the conversation and she told me how she got the scars, she used to CUT HERSELF!! She said she has been clean for a month and when I start thinking about last month and why I didn't notice. I don't want to start treating her different but I want to help her just in case she slips and does it again. I know the root of the problem, she has an abuse dad. Not like sexually but like he would hit(not often) her and her little sis and verbally abuse them. She is 16 and she said she started 2 years ago when she was 14 (im 14). I am a very "deep" Christian person and it's not that I disapprove (or approve! ) or am mad at her I'm surprised... Help?
    samantha lear Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 8, 2011, 06:03 PM
    I have a friend that is doing the same her parents don't know she is pretty bad with it I would talk to her a much as you can about you need to stop and stuff lke that but most of all I would pray as hard as you can for her!! if anything can help her its GOD!!
    NewMember76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 01:09 PM
    My friend cuts herself. I just recently found this out and somehow a girl in my class by snooping through my phone found out I told her not to tell anyone espically not teachers and she totally ignored me she told two other people and went to tell the teachers. My friend was already on medication for depression and was going to a counselor. Now because of thoses two girls she is on three medications and has to see three theripists. They take her out of class randomly and she hates it so much, thoses girl made her life ten times as worse as it already was. So please remember to delete your texts and if someone tell you to leave a serious matter alone because they have it under control. LISTEN TO THEM! THEY Wouldn't LIE ABOUT A SUICIDAL FRIEND!! Please take into consideration what I have said. A lot of the above comments are helping me to help my friend to just try to help as much as possible but if someone tells you to back off and let them cool off then you NEED TO BACK THE HECK OFF!!
    wailingrudeboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 02:21 PM
    It'll stop eventually. I was a pretty decent cutter once and I haven't done anything like it for something like a year. And otherwise - so what? No one ever died from a few little cuts I assume.
    mbpartain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Have had the same problem with my friends in 4 instances. 2 of which I told a counselor about.. and even though they were mad at me for a short period, they both quit almost instantly. They are still struggling but are better. The other two are work in progress. Please pray. <3
    circles102 Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2012, 01:02 AM
    Comfort her, ask her why she does it, tell her to spill out everything she feels like the blood running down her arm. (metaphoricly) your friend is really upset, that's obvious, it is an addiction, its hard to break, give her whatever she wants, weather its space, or leave her alone if she asks, don't tell anyone unless she gives you ppermission, seriously, I know, believe me.

Ps: sorry for my bad spelling
    Ik what it feel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 04:17 AM
    Well my friend cut herself, but I talk to her about it and she said "the only thing that help's is when friend's tell me how much they love me, at that they care for me"

So, I want all you guys/girls that have someone near that cut themselves, go talk to her/him tell her/him that you love her/him, tell them that you need them, that you care for them, and tell them that "you're my best friend - you can't do this to yourself and me. you can't. cause i love you and i want you in my life!"

You may make a video or something with some music and pictures- whit some text in the middle were you type how much they mean for you. And send it to they're email, twitter, Facebook or if everybody know it post it on they're wall on Facebook.

This is what I have to come with, use it, it will work! Maby get some friend's with you, go wissit them much, invite them were ever you go!

I'm glad to see that you guys want to help you're friends!
    Meeeeeeeeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
    What if she refuses to get help because she thinks its not a big deal ? I feel like I can't help her from it because the reason she does it are the problems with her mom ? I feel so guilty that I can't help , I just don't know what to do about it ? I'm extremely scared that this leads to something worst ?
    maybeanna97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 09:05 PM
    My friend is 14 and I'm 15, she says she cuts almost every day and I don't know how to help her. Because I really do. Help please.
    pogey112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 11:26 AM
    Just give them a distraction like a hobby or a fun club you can both do together. Or have lots of extra fun together take any sharp things away and every time they do it draw a premant ugly thing on them!
    n0on3w1llkn0w Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 12:57 AM
    Definitely don't tell anyone else unless it gets REALLY bad, if your friend has confided this information in you, you don't want to lose her trust by telling others, just make sure to listen to her and always be there for her if she wants to vent, talk about good times you guys have had and never bring up the bad, tell her what you like about her and remind her about how her life is good, make sure she knows you care about her... unless it gets to the point where you think her life is in danger don't tell anyone in 'authority'... hope this helped
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2013, 02:54 PM
    This is from 2008.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For everyone who cuts [ 3 Answers ]

I appreciate that this won't work for everyone, but being a self harmer for three years I have finally found a way of stopping and I feel I have to share it. I worked out that it's not the pain that makes me do it but it's seeing the blood. I've tried red pens but it's not realistic enough. I...

She cuts herself? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey Big Brains of The Internet, Thanks for the advice, I met a girl a month ago, online, great first dates. The quick and dirty is: She tells me she was sexually abused as a child, age 12, (now 18) by her step brother in his 30ties. She now lives with her mom in my town. Then proceeded to...

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

Cuts. Again. [ 33 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again.. . I cut myself.. . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?

View more questions Search