Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zz6368 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Credit Union Judgement and accrued interest
    I had a judgement awarded against me in 2005 for the amount of $4022. I am almost finished paying for the amount and now I am told by the law firm that they did not add interest fees and I now owe another $1200 - 3 years later. Is this legal? If they did not ask for legal fees and interest in a judgment, can they come back and ask later?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Do you have a copy of the judgement? It typically states it's for $XXXX amount, plus court costs, legal fees, interest in the amount of XX% per year, etc.

It should state clearly in the judgement exactly what they're entitled to collect. Not specific dollar amounts, but categories of fees. If you feel that specific fees are unreasonable I would contact the court that issued the judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accrued interest receivable [ 7 Answers ]

If interest revenue for 2006 is $13,100, and accrued interest receivable was $2,275 for 2006 and $1875 for 2005, how much cash did I receive for interest in 2006?

Accrued interest revenue [ 3 Answers ]

home work question comp holds a 90 day receivable of 10,000 from a customer. The note is dated oct 31 and has a 12% interest rate. Your comp year ends on dec 31. How much interest revenue do you accrue on dec 31? I said 10,000X.12= 1200*2/12=200 my answer is 200, am I correct

Credit Card Judgement Against Me - Accruing Interest - What are my rights? [ 12 Answers ]

I have just received a notice from my local court that an old credit card account I have is suing me for payment. The account is currently with its' third collection agency. The second agency harassed me at work until I did my research and sent them a "cease and desist" letter. I have spoken to...

Accrued interest payable [ 2 Answers ]

Accrued interest payable is what type of account?

View more questions Search