Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Photo gurus: Do you think this is doctored?
    What do you think? Is there any way to tell for sure? I love "cool pics" but half the time cannot tell whether it's real or not:
    Attached Images

kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 01:54 PM
    I'm not a photo guru, but here's my $0.02 :

A website (forget which) that points out fakes was undecided about this one. They didn't see anything that could be used to prove it altered, but didn't have the info to confirm w the original source. Would be surprising that the original source couldn't be tracked down on a photo like this.

Id seen it before I saw the site, and a friend swears her daughter would push like this so you could clearly see the foot. Also, if you were to apply pressure against the mother, the baby might very well respond with a shove back... so the timing might not be unrealistic.

My kid never did it like this, so clear an outline, but I believe it could happen.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Apr 28, 2006, 02:29 PM
    Never saw anything like that,pre my sons birth,but felt him "kick" at certain times.If the pic is genuine... cool.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 02:34 PM
    That foot has to go through fluid, 2 membranes and muscle to show itself. I'll do a little searching but I'm a little skeptical.

Edit: kp was right - undetermined:
    Urban Legends Reference Pages: Photo Gallery (Fetal Footprint)
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 28, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Hi Rick, there is a great website called snopes.com where you can verify all of these emails that go around. I suggest going there. In my opinion, it is probably true but I really don't know.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Very familiar with snopes. The best urban legend verifier/buster on the net. It's labeled as Undetermined:
    Urban Legends Reference Pages: Photo Gallery (Fetal Footprint)
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Apr 29, 2006, 11:05 AM
    I'm skeptical when it comes to things like that but cool if it was true! Have never seen anything like that photo before.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 24, 2006, 03:35 AM
    When I was pregnant my daughter did that, except with her face! She sat up in my belly and the entire outline of her forehead , nose and chin was clearly visible.. I wish I would have had a camera.However this could easily be doctored if you look at Worth1000 and see some of the things that are photo shopped. Its hard to tell anymore.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 05:24 AM
    I don't know if it's real or not. There are so many different ways now to change or add to photos, that it's really hard to tell. Even TV commercials, computerized, look real sometimes... even though some are not.
    Good point about being there with a camera if this is actually true. Could be just one of those "getting lucky" with a camera pointed in the direction.
    prairie son Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Ain't no way that's real.
    Prairie Son
    walligattor Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2008, 04:36 PM
    No doubt it is fake. The belly muscles and skin are far too thick. And if you look carefully, you can see the pressure applying by the baby is quite low (because of the small global deformation) so we should be able to be able observe all the foot so clearly.
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 04:52 PM
    No doubt? Is this a personal or a medical opinion?

Sep 12, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    No doubt? Is this a personal or a medical opinion?
    It's a opinion based on commun sense and scientific basic knowledge.
    Now if you want to believe it's true to feel better I won't try to prove you're right or wrong. It's like for religion, you can have your opinion and nobody can prove who is right.;)
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by walligattor View Post
    Now if you want to believe it's true to feel better I won't try to prove you're right or wrong.
    I am of the same mind as when I originally posted the thread: I "cannot tell whether it's real or not"

It's possible. That's about as far as I can go on it.

Sep 26, 2008, 05:41 PM
    If she has not any belly muscle :confused: , it might be possible. But could you imagine the pressure the baby has to apply!! We can see the heel AND the toes. So the area of pressure is very important so the power apply by the baby as to be huge. Moreover the pressure will be applied both side of the mother body (back and belly). So if I have to bet, I would like to say it is 99.9% false.
    The 0.1% it's just in case the mum doesn't have belly muscle, there are 5 babies and 4 of them are trying to choke the 5th one with their umbilical cord :D
    Digipix Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Oct 18, 2008, 02:27 PM

Absolutely!
    missylynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 12:52 PM
    I can see this picture being very real. When I was pregnant with my first child there was a day when she was kicking a lot, I pulled up my shirt and watched her little feet pushing through my skin. I could see all her toes and the outline of her foot pretty much like the picture. She poked her feet into my tummy for 20 minutes, it was the most amazing thing I've ever felt.
    Joaquina Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Nov 11, 2008, 04:49 PM

I saw it on Deviantart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photo Copyright [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a limit to copyright protection for photographs found on the internet or even old library books? I cannot afford the fees some of these folks are asking!

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

Photo in email [ 5 Answers ]

I have tried sending an e-mail with a photo attached but it says it cannot send because it is too many Megabites , how do I get around it please :)

View more questions Search