Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 28, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Prayers
    Does God Hear my Prayers? When I pray through his Son Jesus Christ, does He hear them?? :rolleyes:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2006, 07:15 AM
    If you have faith in God, Jesus Christ than yes, he will listen to you.
    But I believe you have to believe in what you are praying too, not pray just like you reading a story!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Hi, sweetface,
    The answer depends on what church's religious teachings you follow. For example, the Church of Christ believes that God only listens to prayers from those who are Christians... ie, who have repented of their sins, and have been Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
    Some TV Evangelists preach that just by repenting of your sins, accepting Jesus into your life, means God hears and listens to all your prayers.
    Other denominations teach that God listens to all prayers.
    It really depends on your choice of religious teachings.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
    I believe God hears all prayers.

The problem is on our end in interpreting the results - We can't understand why God would not answer our prays as we want him to, or "let" some bad thing happen, or throw some other curveball in our paths that doesn't make sense to us.

When I was in college, I used to pray for people I knew (I still do, but that's not part of this story). I remember praying for a street girl that I knew was in trouble. I prayed for her for weeks. Then her situation got worse... and worse again... and I remember thinking "WTF? I've been praying, for along time... Why isn't God listening to me?"

Over time, I've come to realize that God doesn't follow my orders or work around my schedule.
    I'm at his beck and call... ;)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 29, 2006, 09:28 AM
    God does listen to prayers. Here is an example:

Acts 10:3-5

3He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

4And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

However, God doesn't listen to every prayer. Here is an example:

Isaiah 1:15
    And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

(King James Version)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 29, 2006, 10:01 AM
    I pray a lot and yes I believe he listens!:cool: :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2006, 10:09 AM
    God sees and hears all things. Prayers are the best form of communication with God. You need to remember though that as God listens to our prayers, we need to be able to listen to God and hear his answers to our prayers. Communication, Prayer and meditation on the word of God is the best way to remain close to God. You remain close to God and God will always remain close to you.
    -

Apr 29, 2006, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    God sees and hears all things. Prayers are the best form of communication with God. You need to remember though that as God listens to our prayers, we need to be able to listen to God and hear his answers to our prayers. Communication, Prayer and meditation on the word of God is the best way to remain close to God. You remain close to God and God will always remain close to you.

I would think God would shut off some of the repulsive things.
    Not all things need to be seen and heard or generally perceived. Even computers are selective. Please grant our heavenly Father the same right as we have of selecting what enters and what does not enter his mind. Why must we imagine him being bombarded by all the sense impressions of the universe right down to the rotation of all the electrons in every atom?

Habakkuk 1:13
    Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:

KJV
    Expert

Apr 29, 2006, 12:59 PM
    I don't think the Creator can be granted anything by us humans except our belief in him. I also don't imagine him as being bombarded by anything in the universe, I also think it is a mistake to put the same qualities on God as you do humans since God is so much more than we are.:cool:
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Apr 29, 2006, 02:38 PM
    God's promised to listen to prayers that are prayed ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

Kenneth Copeland 1992 writes- God has made some very specific promises in HIS WORD and it's His will to fulfill every one of them in your life. In fact, those promises are divinely guaranteed by a contract that's been signed in the blood of Jesus. Think of it this way. Your Bible is the last will and testament of Jesus Christ. It is a record of your inheritance. Everything that belongs to you has been written down in that book and the smartest thing you can do is to find out what's in it.

K. Copeland also writes concerning prayer according God's Will -
    I'm not going to slap you on the back and assure you God will listen to any old doubtful, self-centered thing you say to Him. He won't.

As for me, I believe that prayer is very powerful & very necessary.
    And I think it works too. One way or another- you get what you asked for.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 29, 2006, 08:38 PM
    I choose to believe that God does hear all of our prayers. It doesn't matter our religion, or anything else. God knows what is in our hearts, our sincerity, our hope, our desire and he knows our knowledge. I don't think God would discriminate against those who have not received His gospel but have the desire to know Him and be closer to Him. I think that which ever way we come unto Him, He will be happy. We will do better when we know better and until then, I think he gives us the benefit of the doubt. That's just my two cents.:)

I also think he answers them. It just might not be what you want to hear or on your schedule.
    -

Apr 30, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I don't think the Creator can be granted anything by us humans except our belief in him. I also don't imagine him as being bombarded by anything in the universe, I also think it is a mistake to put the same qualities on God as you do humans since God is so much more than we are.:cool:

God himself tells us that man was made in His image. So I guess the mistake is his own if I follow your logic correctly.

BTW

Of course we can't LITERALLY grant anything to the creator except our belief choices. By "bombarded" is meant that he need not submit himself WILLINGLY to all the sense impressions within his almighty power by default of being God. WE needn't think of him as alien to respect him. Actually, I don't see any scriptural basis to view him as being alien in relation to human nature.
    -

Apr 30, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    ....I don't think God would discriminate against those who have not received His gospel but have the desire to know Him and be closer to Him.... I think he gives us the benefit of the doubt.:)
    That's a very just and wise concept which would make the world a better place if held by more people.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
    All due respect, the scriptures were written by man and they may say they were inspired by God, but I choose not to believe all that a man may say. Don't get me wrong because I may be wrong in the way I see it But the Creator that I understand makes no mistakes, nor is he an alien, but the spirit within us that guides us through our journey through life. It is through prayer and meditation that I know and follow to the best of my ability, the path that the Creator chooses for me. I am not here to judge those who believe the written word, that is their choice, and who am I to say that they are wrong?:cool: :)
    -

Apr 30, 2006, 07:06 AM
    All due respect, the scriptures were written by man and they may say they were inspired by God, but I choose not to believe all that a man may say. Don't get me wrong because I may be wrong in the way I see it But the Creator that I understand makes no mistakes, nor is he an alien, but the spirit within us that guides us thru our journey thru life. It is thru prayer and meditation that I know and follow to the best of my ability, the path that the Creator chooses for me. I am not here to judge those who believe the written word, that is their choice, and who am I to say that they are wrong?:cool: :)

You have a right to your opinion. In any case, here are some reasons I believe that the Bible is not merely the work of man.

While others were saying that a titan named Atlas held the earth up or that it sat on the back of an elephant which stood on a huge turtle which swam through a cosmic ocean,
    The Bible CORRECTLY described the earth as having no visible support whatsoever.

Job 26:7
    He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Then there is the reference to the earth's form:

Isaiah 40:22
    It is he that sitteth above the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;...

And a reference to universal expansion. A fact only recently confirmed.

... that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in;

Then there is the description of heavenly lights as objects and nothing more while
    Other nations such as Egypt and Greece and the inhabitants of Mesopotamia feared them and worshipped them as gods.

Genesis 1:14
    And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made the two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Psalm 136:7
    To him that made great lights; For his lovingkindness endureth for ever:

Then there is Jesus' expressed knowledge of earth's rotation causing simultaneous day and night. In Luke 17 Jesus spoke about an event happening while some slept and others were at work. This shows knowledge of earth's being a sphere and its rotation causing one part be at night while another at day.

There is much more such as fulfilled prophecy.

KJV
    Expert

Apr 30, 2006, 08:33 AM
    And so according to scripture God created the earth and then the sun and the moon and stars? :cool:
    -

May 2, 2006, 12:58 AM
    And so according to scripture God created the earth and then the sun and the moon and stars? :cool:

He made them visible in the firmament.
    Genesis 1. 1 tells us clearly that the universe was already created before the seven preparatory days for earth habitation began.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
    I believe god hears are prayers.
    But doesn't answer evryone of them.
    If he did everybody would have everything they ever wanted and I don't think that would be very wise.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 2, 2006, 06:43 PM
    :rolleyes: Demonspeeding, I disagree. I think he does answer every single one. The answer could be no or not right now. Like I said before, you don't have to like the answer to receive one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search