Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramzi Khouri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
    Solar Air conditioners
    HI All

I am looking for a small solar powered AC unit which I could put in a small room (size 2 x 2 x 1.8 meters). This room is mainly made of glass and I am now using it as a storage room. The AC unit could replace one of the roof panels and I would prefer it to a modular type with little installation required.

The unit does not need to feed back power to the electric board. The simpler the better.

I look forward to having your suggestions

Ramzi
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:46 PM
    I have no suggestions but I would certainly like to see if something is available.

I wonder if there is something like a electric cooler that plugs into a 12V outlet. I believe this would use a peltier device.

One-stop source for thermoelectric modules and supplies

(Hong Kong)

I imagine you could design something that could be inserted through a window. You would have to add a drain to capture the moisture. And design to prevent moisture accumulation.

Andy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Light [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased three Hampton Bay solar lights from Home Depot. Two work fine, but the third one does not come on at dusk like the others. It does come on at approximately 11:00PM at night. Any ideas?

Servicing Air Conditioners [ 5 Answers ]

Can I add refrigerant to my 1998 Dodge Caravan air conditioning system?

Portable room air conditioners [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Can you please tell me how much of an area does a 9,000 BTU cover from an air conditioner (portable unit)? Thanks

Solar cells [ 1 Answers ]

I was flicking through the TV the other day and stopped on a science show that was talking about a new kind of solar cell,one that also absorbes infrared light . Has anyone heard of this breakthrough?and if so please tell me who is making these strides.Because being able to use the infrared would...

Water conditioners [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Rainsoft whole house water conditioner. It seems to do the job but sometimes I see some pink around the filter faucet and around the drain in the sink where the water can sit. A neighbor said that reverse osmosis is better because you don't use salt but I thought that they all used salt....

View more questions Search