Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 11:18 AM
    A minister I know says "all nations" means "all people groups."

Wasn't there a tribe recently discovered in SA in the Amazon forests? I wonder how many other "people groups" are still undiscovered.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Nohelp4u : I suggest you start travelling than ....

:>)

Okay I would love to travel more than anything and I suppose I should start where Wonder girl said.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    okay I would love to travel more than anything and I suppose I should start where Wonder girl said.
    May I come along? I have two sons who will serve as carriers.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 12:21 PM
    I'd love to just come and get me and we'll go!
    My son would probably like to go too!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 12:32 PM
    I'd love to just come and get me and we'll go!
    My son would probably like to go too!
    Who else would like to go, do you think? Alty, Starby, Sneezy? (Yes, definitely Sneezy. It would be good to have a medical person with us.) Should I pack sunscreen? We'll be under all those leafy branches.

Just to stay with the OP, maybe the rapture will happen while we're there.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 12:35 PM
    We taking Alty to ward off the Amazon creatures? :D I know with that whip of hers she would be the best one for that.
    Sneezy might be too allergic!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 12:43 PM
    We taking Alty to ward off the Amazon creatures? :D I know with that whip of hers she would be the best one for that.
    Sneezy might be too allergic!
    Yes, definitely Alty!

I am a preacher's kid and former Christian school teacher. Do you or Alty have any interest in preaching? We could do some evangelical work while we're there (to help the End Times arrive faster). Maybe Pres. Bush would help us out financially--it'll be a faith-based initiative.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 01:44 PM
    I would love to know how to get backing to do something like that.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 1, 2008, 04:34 AM
    I would love to travel more than anything and I suppose I should start where Wonder girl said.

I'd love to just come and get me and we'll go! My son would probably like to go too!

I would love to know how to get backing to do something like that.
    WHY ??? Just go ! Work locally where ever you go, to support yourself.
    Did Jesus got any "backing" on his travels?

The reality is almost certain that you will never go : you are enslaved by that dream, that "American dream". By that insane demand for security in all ways of life, and that ridiculous need for more, more, and still more.

I went for an almost 30 years stay in the tropics, and - if I had the chance - I would do it again. If you want to fulfill your dreams, you must be willing to take risks.

Can you, will you, or is it all just empty talk ?

You COULD make a difference...

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Traveling the world is the best you can do to open your eyes.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 07:46 AM
    WHY ??? Just go ! Work locally where ever you go, to support yourself.
    Did Jesus got any "backing" on his travels?

The reality is almost certain that you will never go : you are enslaved by that dream, that "American dream". By that insane demand for security in all ways of life, and that ridiculous need for more, more, and still more.

I went for an almost 30 years stay in the tropics, and - if I had the chance - I would do it again. If you want to fulfill your dreams, you must be willing to take risks.

Can you, will you, or is it all just empty talk ?

You COULD make a difference .................

In Jesus day all it took to get anywhere was a donkey.
    Now it takes money, transportation and gas to get anywhere. I have NONE of those!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 08:53 AM
    You COULD make a difference .................
    And I am making a difference, right where I live. I personally don't have 30 years left in this life to spend traveling to other countries to help people. Maybe in the next lifetime... Meanwhile, I do what I can right now, right here. You all can too.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Why 30 years? One year devoted to helping is more than what most people do - go for it!
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Unfortunately the people that I help abuse what they do have.
    Like you take them to get energy assistance so they can get their utilities turned on for the winter. Their kids leave all the upstairs windows open. The heat goes out the window.
    You take them for diapers they cried they needed and all they buy is a carton of cigarettes.
    You give them furniture they have it destroyed and in the trash in less than a month.
    They buy beer and drugs with their food stamps and then cry their kids are starving.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Unfortunately the people that I help abuse what they do have.
    Like you take them to get energy assistance so they can get their utilities turned on for the winter. Their kids leave all the upstairs windows open. The heat goes out the window.
    You take them for diapers they cried they needed and all they buy is a carton of cigarettes.
    You give them furniture they have it destroyed and in the trash in less than a month.
    They buy beer and drugs with their food stamps and then cry their kids are starving.
    I know what you're sayin' -- even teaching them "to fish" doesn't always work. But the helping and the giving are positives for YOU more than it is for them.

It can also end up just the opposite. My church sponsored a Vietnamese refugee family back in the early '70s. We church members all pulled together for this family to find a house to rent, we painted and recarpeted it, we filled the kitchen with canned goods and the refrigerator with fresh produce and milk and eggs, we bought a used car, we sorted donated clothing. The family was exceedingly grateful and invited small groups over to help them practice English and even for dinner. The family joined the church and enrolled their children in our parochial school where they did well and eventually went on to successful careers. The parents worked hard too and finally were able to fulfill their American dream of owning what turned out to be a very successful Vietnamese restaurant. Some church members groaned, "How dare they make more money than we do!"
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Fred, back to the OP. Are you saying that you don't think there will be a rapture, or that there will be one, but not for a long time?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Fred, back to the OP. Are you saying that you don't think there will be a rapture, or that there will be one, but not for a long time?
    His question was
    Why do so many believe in the rature when the bible says otherwise?
    so it sounds like he doesn't believe in one. I'm sure Fred will be along later to answer you himself.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Galveston1
    I do not believe in the rapture as the Last Days books theorize it.
    I do not believe in a separate secret return of Christ, I believe that there will be only one return and the world will see it happen not just some people taken and the rest left for the great tribulations.
    Those books and the believers of the statements in them are predicting a very soon return of Jesus and there are millions of such believers expecting that; more so now than ever before.
    That alone tells me it is far in the future.
    Also there are events prophesied that have yet to be fulfilled.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 2, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Dear Fred

I wonder why all these books, these statements, these expectations, and all that interest in the rapture is primarily originating from the US. I am well informed of what happens here in Europe in the religious field, but here? Nada, niente, nothing, nichts,!

What makes the US population so interested in that part of religion? Is it perhaps that they know they are one of the worlds worst abusers of natures richness and human resources - so caused by guilt? Or are they as nation extremely gullible to religion : why? Or is it the US capitalistic system that explores and misuses Christianity for it's last available penny in their quest for financial richness?

Peace and kindness,

John

arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 12:54 PM
    John,
    Your hate for the USA is showing.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

Science, God & the Bible [ 16 Answers ]

For those who want science to 'prove God' The Bible says god took the unseen things to make the things that are seen Science discovered atoms, molecules, DNA, etc... The Bible talks about underwater currents In the 1800's Matthew Fontaine Maury discovered underwater currents The Bible...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search