Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
    I've tried everything
    I have a 17hp Briggs Twin it's a good engine but sometimes it asks like it's striving for gas It has good spark It has good compression the fuel pump and fuel filter are fine I Even rebuilt the carburetor and it still does it can someone help me :confused: :confused: :confused:

>Moved from Intros<
    eeseely Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Have you tried this?

Locate the area where the gas hose connects to the carburetor. There should be a "bowl"
    With a screw in its bottom. This is a nettle valve which regulates the flow of gas into the float compartment.

With the engine running at near medium speed, turn this screw CCW 1/4 turn. This should allow more gas to be supplied to the carburetor.

When you re-built the carburetor, you may have changed the setting of this screw.

Let me know if this works.
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
    [QUOTE=1983nab]I have a 17hp Briggs Twin it's a good engine but sometimes it asks like it's striving for gas It has good spark It has good compression the fuel pump and fuel filter are fine I Even rebuilt the carburetor and it still does it can someone help me :confused: :confused: :confused:
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Check the vent hole in the gas cap.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Doesn't it just frost you, when something so simple causes so much heartache?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search