Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    55voges Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Blue Screen of Death
    Yeah my friend has this and it will pop up once in a while. The thing is he's got a windows vista and I'm not too familiar with using it and down't know how I could fix the blue screen of death? Anyone know? Please and thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

The operating system you're running, and its version.

If possible please supply as much information as to descibes your problem or question if it applys to request. Most are easy and if not supplied, they may be asked eventually depending on situation.

When does this happen? Is it opening programs, shutting down, doing something specific, on start up/shut down, when waking up form sleep?
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Aug 27, 2008, 10:46 PM
    May be your Hardware got problem or you put the new hardware.

Give us more information about your PC.

Regards,
    ABB
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 11:50 PM
    The blue screen usually includes some technical info about the cause of the crash, or at least what module was active at the moment of the BSOD occurrence. Keep a camera handy and snap a picture of the BSOD when it happens. Post that pic here and we'll take a look.

Aug 30, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

The operating system you're running, and its version.

If possible please supply as much information as to descibes your problem or question if it applys to request. Most are easy and if not supplied, they may be asked eventually depending on situation.

When does this happen? is it opening programs, shutting down, doing something specific, on start up/shut down, when waking up form sleep?
    Actually it happens right after start up, the screen turns black then goes back to desktop and then the blue screen comes up. It has all these letters and numbers and the last one I saw was one that said "dumping hardrive or memory" and it was counting down.

Aug 30, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aung2bo
    May be your Hardware got problem or you put the new hardware.

Give us more information about your PC.

Regards,
    ABB
    Not sure what kind of hardware since it's not mine but they have 3 computer accounts (I think it slows down computer doesn't it?" since when you log in it will be really slow and laggy. They've tried system restore and it worked for a while but they ended up getting it back.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Do a repair installation, should resolve issue

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

Aug 31, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    do a repair installation, should resolve issue

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx
    So this will work on vista as well?
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
    No, sorry

Here is an article with step by steps of how to create one - This will have to be made on a working system with Vista installed, preferably the same version as PC with problem

Windows Vista Repair
    Windows Vista Repair

Hope info helps, unfortunately if all else fails a complete reinstallation to factory settings would need to be done to get working again.

If it does come down to that, when back up and running definitely would suggest backing up systems

Aug 31, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 55voges
    Yeah my friend has this and it will pop up once in a while. The thing is he's got a windows vista and i'm not too familiar with using it and down't know how i could fix the blue screen of death? Anyone know? Please and thanks.
    By the way the tower makes a beeping noise sometimes, then the screen might go black and freeze up.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 08:49 PM
    When does the beeping happen?

Just to check,
    Start, settings, control panel, system, hardware tab, device mgr
    Are there any yellow marks anywhere, if so, what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Screen of Death [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has the blue screen of death thing popping up when I turn it on. I have fixed it before, maybe a year ago or so. I just installed some new software and I have to go into safe mode to un-install it. But th thing is I can't go into safe mode or anything. So what can I do?...

Blue screen of death [ 17 Answers ]

Just purchased a Dell Inspiron E1705 with mobile capabilites. Service is with Cingular. Every time I go surfing on the web at some point I will get this blue screen telling me windows has shut down to protect the computer. Dell tech support has been useless in solving this problem. Any...

Please help... Blue screen of death! [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I have had the blue screen of death for a few months now. I have tried numerous stupid things but they don't seem to work It hadn't happened for a few weeks until today, it happened again. I have the error reports for it if that helps. Is there anyting I can do?

Blue screen of death [ 4 Answers ]

got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it ERROR 0x00000024 NTFS.SYS and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK... :)

View more questions Search