Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Sporatic flame during initial ignition on a natural gas 80 percent carrier furnace
    I am working on a 66000 BTU input, 53000 BTU output carrier furnace. All of the electronics, 120 and 24v components are working just fine. Gas pressure is a steady 3.5 on the manifold side. Vent is not blocked in any way. I have even taken the vent off just to be sure. My problem is, when the unit fires, the flame is off and on in all three burners. For about five seconds, and then clears up and burns just fine. However, sometimes the flame is so sporadic for so long in the very left tube, that the flame sensor doesn't read the flame, and you know what happens when that happens three times in a row. I have checked the heat exchanger, and it show no leaks. I am lead to believe that it is the combustion blower(draft inducer) I am pulling a .5 vacuum with my meter. Is this enough. It is apparently enough to close my pressure switch, wich has no vacuum rating on it, of course, that would be to easy. I can't think of any other reason for problem. I am looking for people who have actually had this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier 58MSA, code 34, flame proving sensor? [ 7 Answers ]

Wanted to know if anyone could help me troubleshoot this problem.. This furnace will not fire up, basically what happens is the igniter lights up, but will shut down after a 5 seconds or so. It will do this three times until it goes into lock down mode for three hours, and then flashes code 34....

Carrier 58SXA Furnace Ignition Problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old Carrier 58SXA furnace that has had problems igniting on colder and damp days for many years. Pilot, lockout device and board, fan board, and thermostat have been replaced, to no avail. Simply resetting main power supply to furnace temporarily solves problem. Pilot ignites...

Furnace flame sensor ignition module ? [ 3 Answers ]

Seasons greetings, My church recently received a used furnace when the t stat calls for heat the ignitor starts to glow after about 30-40 sec. the furnace lights and then after a few seconds the burners go out we recently changed the ignition module which is a white rodgers 50e47-843 after this...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.