Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris cejka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Ukainain divorce without green card
    My wife has been in country 1 1/2 month. We been married 2 years. We were married in the Ukraine. She does not have a green card
    Would it be better to file divorce in the Ukraine or Washington State
    What can I do to get rid of the support requirement?
    What can I do to pull her immigration K-3 visa?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Since both of you are now in US, divorce must be file in state where you are residing.

After the divorce is final, you can send a letter to USCIS noitifying them about your divorce.
    Chris cejka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
    What if she resides in the Ukraine?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris cejka
    What if she resides in the Ukraine?
    If she agrees, and she is now in Ukraine, you can file as uncontested divorce in US. It also depends on family law in your state. In some state with no-fault divorce, the couple needs to live apart for a certain period before filing. In this case, if Ukraine law allows no-fault divorce without waiting period, then she can file divorce in Ukraine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting divorce with green card [ 7 Answers ]

I just got my green card and I want to get divorce, can I do it without losing my status?

Divorce after green card [ 2 Answers ]

I got my green card from my father, and I got married in Brazil and gave a green card to my husband, we have two kids, they were born here in U.S, so my husband just got his green card two months ago , we are separated for 2 years , we want to get the divorce, my question is, can we get the...

Divorce with the first green card [ 1 Answers ]

I got marriage in November 2005, I got first green card that is expired in September 2008. This June 2008 I need to file a form for my second green card. My husband is thinking about divorse. He told me about this. Do I have any chance to get my second green card if he divorce before the experation...

Keeping green card after divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I am British and I married my American Husband in Jan 2007. Since marrying he has become verbally and emotionally abusive which thankfully is now for the most part being controlled by medication. He is still depressed, demotivated and at times (more often than not) suicidal. We have been to...

View more questions Search