Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennyjenm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Gender prediction
    Any old wives tales, etc... for predicting the sex of an unborn baby? I'm about 3 months pregnant with my second child...
    Jennyjenm
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 27, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Look up dowsing. Also you can buy gender prediction kits to find out.

Hypatia
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 01:56 AM
    When you hear the heartbeat. If the heartbeat is higher it is a girl. If the heartbeat is lower then it will be a boy.

Joe
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 28, 2006, 12:48 PM
    The heartrate prediction is a sound one, ask any doctor... Also, you should/could be scheduled for an Ultrasound and they can tell you what it is after about the 17th week.

Another old tale is that boys are proud of their mothers and don't mess up their figure (hour-glass) from the back, and that girls are jealous of the same sex before they are born and therefore take away the wasteline making mom straight in the back.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 28, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Here try this site... I was hunting around for the same thing a few weeks ago. Welcome to the site by the way. We have several expecting mom's at the moment and the moms with grown kids give valuable experience. Hope you decide to stay with us.

Old Wives Tales

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gender Inequality [ 20 Answers ]

I am from India. I am aware that India is currently facing many internal problems and I would like to make people aware of this and persuade them to unite to fight this problem. The problems are 1) Increasing Feminism leading to collapse of social infrastructure. 2) Biased legal system where Laws...

Gender equality in the mainstream religions [ 19 Answers ]

One of significant shortfalls of the "Great book religions" (IMHO) is their insistence on the inequality of the sexes. Even for those few varieties of western Protestantism that allow women to be priests and bishops, inequality is still fixed into the foundations of the theology. The myths of...

Everything Has A Gender [ 1 Answers ]

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender... *Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them. *Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the...

Baby's gender [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and curious if it is a boy or a girl

View more questions Search