Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knscarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Change of Jurisdiction
    I have been trying to find out how to change jurisdiction for upcoming court cases. My ex takes me back to court every 2 years to increase my child support payments. I recently moved to FL from GA. The divorce and child support modifications have all been done in GA. Now I want to modify the child support order here in FL. How do I do it? What forms do I need? HELP!! :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 12:35 PM
    If GA was where the original case was handled and if the mother and child still lives in GA, the case will be heard in GA, you can not move it to FL if the mother and child is not living there.

Next she really does not have to "take you back" she merely has to ask for a review, you send in income statements ( tax records, pay stubs)
    Child support is based on what you earn.

Without knowing where the mother and child lives, and where the original child custody case was heard it is hard to say.'

And while I may be wrong, I think GA has a lower percentage of payment than FL, so most likely you will be paying more if it is figured in FL
    But an attorney can tell you about it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change court Jurisdiction [ 15 Answers ]

My son and I live in VA(have for 2 years). I have physical custody of him. The original order was in CA and I would like to know what form I need to have CA release jurisdiction. I would like to change it to his state of residence- VA. Thanks

Jurisdiction change [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I have custody of my son and we have been living in Alabama for 8 years. My divorce decree occurred in TN. I need to change jurisdiction because my husband has broken our agreement regarding his visitation with my son. I do not have a lawyer in AL but I do know I need to get...

Custody modification and change of Jurisdiction [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have primary custody of my daughters. Their mother has visitation in the summer months. This past school year they were allowed to stay with her at their request. Now, there are numerous investigations going on involving child abuse, neglect and even sexual abuse. I want to modify the...

Law and Jurisdiction [ 5 Answers ]

I have a discussion due on the importance of Law and Jurisdiction. This is what I have so far on law : I am having troube with the Jurisdiction part. I have read in my text about the different courts, and understand them, but I am stuck on the importance of Jurisdiction. Any help would...

Change court jurisdiction [ 1 Answers ]

OK guys you were all really helpful on my last topic so I'm back. How do I go about changing my court jurisdiction from Arizona to California. It is a custody child visitation case and the child resides with me in California for the past two years. Our case is not active right now but I'm going to...

View more questions Search