Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Aug 27, 2008, 12:28 PM
    No name on the Birth Certificate.
    My question is, If there is a child that is born and the father is not listed on the birth certificate, is there any way that he can order a paternity test after the child is born years later?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Yes, the father of the child can sue for a DNA test to prove he is the father and to get rights to visit and the such, years latter, 10 or 15 years latter in many places.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Yes, he can go to court and the judge will order the DNA test. Then you can file for support and a visitation order will be put in place.
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Aug 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Okay, thanks. Someone told me that he couldn't and I thought that he could so I was just making sure. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. My fiancés name and info,was not on our son's birth certificate. Only his date of birth. He did sign at the hospital,he agreed he was the father,but it was not placed on there. How do I get all of the required info on the birth certificate? We did go to the child support office and he...

My son needs a Birth Certificate and a SSN# [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to obtain a birth certificate and a social security number for my son. I have been trying since he was born a year ago. I had no prenatal care throughout my pregnancy, I delivered my son by myself at my home with no witnesses. I then was going to give my son up for adoption, but after I...

Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé just left for Iraq this week. We are expecting a baby in November. Since we aren't married how can he be put on the baby's birth certificate?

Birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

What do I have to do to get my daughters father to place his name on her birth certificate. We are not married but we did have a DNA test done prior to her birth. If he is unwilling to do it ion his own can the courts ask him to do this? I think she has the right to have his name on there.

View more questions Search