Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caboy9978 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Red Flagged!
    I recently filed bankruptcy and it has just been finalized. Before that I had a checking account with Wachovia for over 6 years and just before I filed bankruptcy my account was frozen and I had a balance due on the account of $150 (that was sent to creditors). I put this account as one of my filings on my bankruptcy and now that Im done with it, I want to get a new checking account but they say Im still in the system as red flagged. How do I change this? What do I do?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
    You are going to have some problems with several areas of your financial situation following a bankruptcy.

It is not going to be as easy to get a checking account, credit card, or loan of any type so soon after your discharge.

Didn't your attorney explain these things to you when you discussed filing to begin with?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Aug 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
    These are questions that you should have discussed with your lawyer prior to filing bankruptcy. Are you trying to get an account with the same bank that you listed on your bk papers?
    caboy9978 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Well I know that I am going to have to rebuild my credit back up before I can get credit cards, loans, etc... but is that the same with the checking account? It really doesn't matter in my eyes who I get a checking account with, but I could go with Wachovia again. Its really not a huge deal if I can't get a checking account right now, but just wondering if there was a way to get off their so called "Red Flag" list? I was told by a few people that since my bankruptcy is over I should be able to get a new checking account... but I will ask my attorney what she thinks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yellow-flagged "multimedia audio controller" [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting a Bad directsound driver, Error code: 8878000A. In the device manager the "multimedia audio controller" under "other devices" is yellow flagged. I've tried to reinstall the driver but it is not found within my system and I don't have it saved anywhere nor do I have the original cd. ...

View more questions Search