Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Cleaning advertising not getting many responses
    I have a commercial cleaning company and with all the ads I am doing, I am not getting many responses.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I am describing what I do, where I am, that the cleaning is 100% satisfaction guarateed or it's free.
    I am telling them that I am licensed and insured
    Free estimates
    24/7 emergency service available
    I am doing most of my ads in Brevard County and Orlando
    Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
    I have done residential cleaning for over 17 years and just started getting into the commercial aspect of it.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Final Touch Pro
    Fredonia2k Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
    How about posting a sample ad?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:56 AM
    Hi, nanc1430!

Where and how are you posting your advertising, please? I can help you with this.

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Clough
    I am posting the ad all over in the free ads right now. I was told that some of the other people get responses from these but they seem to e-mail me once and don't always call back for an interview and estimate.
    I am going to do cold calling next week starting Tuesday. I don't call them on Mondays or Fridays because they are usually too busy to talk.

I have passed around a lot of business cards, saw a few people that said they will use me when needed but nothing yet.

I know times are tough but where the banks are forclosing on properties, the people have to go someplace.
    I.E. Rentals, other cheaper houses
    I really want Real Estate Companies first. I think that would be the best to start with but nothing.

After I get established, then I can pay to advertise but right now, I'm trying to keep the cost down.

I'm running all kinds of specials and even giving them 100 % Satisfaction Guarantee or it's FREE. I can't be any cheaper then that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    nanc1430

Sep 7, 2008, 08:51 PM
    One of my ads go something like this

>Contact Information Removed<

We are a full service cleaning company that focuses on customer service through our high quality efforts. We are a locally owned and operated company that provides you with worry free cleaning.

We have 17 + years of experience and are fully licensed and insured for your protection.

All our work is backed by 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or it's FREE!

We have a 24/7 service for all your emergencies that arise.
    We are there when you need us.

Final Touch Pro, llc is reasonably priced and all our estimates are always FREE!
    No job is too big or small!

Tired of your old cleaning company? Job not getting finished on time? No show?
    There is always room for improvement.

We will work with you to meet all your needs as well as your budget.

Discounts are given for any repeat customers

We DON'T cut corners-WE CLEAN THEM

Also a member of the Cocoa Beach Chamber of Commerce
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Hi, nanc1430!

What I'm seeing, is that you are listing your ad in such a way that it won't be likely to get the optimum exposure for when people are looking for your kind of service where you are located. This is also something with which I can help you. Since I don't moderate this topic area of the site, I have requested that your contact information be removed from your post. Once that is done, I can help to show you how to word an ad on the Internet so that it gets the most exposure and will probably beat most of the competition in the area where you are trying to advertise.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Hi again, nanc1430!

I see that your contact information has been removed now. It's important not to put contact information on this site, because it's not really supposed to be used for advertising.

I am usually on here between the hours of 11:00 P.M. to 2:00 or 3:00 P.M. Central Standard time.

Tonight, I have been on really late because of other things that I have had to do. Hopefully, you and I can touch base and be online at the same time sometime. (I actually should have been to bed hours ago!)

I care about your flourishing in the business that you have! As such, I am hopeful that we can touch base at least at the same time on this site about that and are able to discuss in "real time" about your advertising.

If we don't touch base at the same time, then I will definitely give you some good pointers in how to advertise on the Internet the best!

Most of my business comes from the free ads that I have placed on the Internet. It has gone so well that I have removed myself from the Yellow Pages of the phone book.

You can beat all of the competition in your area on the Internet, if you word your ads just the right way and advertise on certain sites!

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Clough
    Thank you for wanting to help me.
    The only thing I can think of is it's saying commercial and not both.
    How can I put it so I only get vacant properties instead of residential?
    I was afraid to put residential, unless I specify vacant.
    Thank you
    nanc1430
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 03:25 AM
    Hi, nanc1430!

You're not forgotten here! I've just been really busy outside of doing things on this site!

This weekend, I will be house and dog sitting for some friends who will be going out of town. I plan on moving my computer over to their home. Tonight, Friday night, I'll concentrate on giving you some definitive ways that you can get the most exposure when you post ads on the Internet.

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Thank you very much for giving me the time.
    I will be on again most of the night. I am usually on this thing most of the day and all of the night. Usually until about 6 in the morning. I am determined to get this thing going.
    I did change my ad again but nothing. Usually before when I just submitted an ad, I usually get a call or two when my ad is at the top of the list. I changed it an nothing.
    What's up?
    Thanks
    Nanc1430

Sep 12, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Hello ! You there?
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 11:32 PM
    I am now, nanc1430!

I'm very sorry that I missed you!

I basically moved out of my home tonight to home-sit and dog-sit (three dogs) for some friends for the weekend who are out of town. Took me quite awhile to get everything, including my computer, moved over here. Had a rehearsal for a musical for which I'm playing that went pretty late tonight. Am planning on being on here more extensively Saturday night because there won't be a rehearsal during the evening, but the rehearsal will be during and for most of the day.

Am hopeful to catch you tonight! About 10:30 my time would be good if it's good for you. If not, then please let me know the time that you might be on here.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2008, 12:10 AM
    I'll keep checking from time to time.
    Hope all is going well.
    Nanc1430
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2008, 12:13 AM
    I'm here right now, Nanc1430! Although, I'm very tired...

I'll still work with you, though! Have been practicing for a very difficult show for which I'm playing.

I'm glad that you're here now!

Sep 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Won't keep you too long. Just wanted to see what I'm doing with my ads not to be getting more people responding.
    Nanc1430
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Also keep in mind that A LOT of people are having money issues lately what with the economy and all. Cleaning service is a luxury. So it's not necessarily that your advertising isn't working.
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Hi, nanc1430!

Please give me a minute to re-check this thread.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Thank you for responding but I am trying to work both ends of the spectrum.
    I'm trying to do post construction cleaning, working for the real estate sale, move/in's move/out's, property management companies and more on that line.
    I'm also trying to work for bank foreclosures.
    This gives me a wide margin and people that are being thrown out of their homes have to live somewhere.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Have you also tried offices?
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nanc1430
    One of my ads go something like this

We are a full service cleaning company that focuses on customer service through our high quality efforts. We are a locally owned and operated company that provides you with worry free cleaning.

We have 17 + years of experience and are fully licensed and insured for your protection.

All our work is backed by 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or it’s FREE!

We have a 24/7 service for all your emergencies that arise.
    We are there when you need us.

Final Touch Pro, llc is reasonably priced and all our estimates are always FREE!
    No job is too big or small!

Tired of your old cleaning company? Job not getting finished on time? No show?
    There is always room for improvement.

We will work with you to meet all your needs as well as your budget.

Discounts are given for any repeat customers

We DON’T cut corners-WE CLEAN THEM

Also a member of the Cocoa Beach Chamber of Commerce
    The above is what you posted in post #5 on this thread. Is that basically what you are posting on the Internet, or is there something else that you have added to other ads?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any responses? [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about hydroquinone

Women's responses only thanks [ 18 Answers ]

I am trying to see how many women prefer men shaving there pubic hair or "downstairs" area :) it would be helpful if you could give a response to what you think and what you would want going on down there on your guy lol thanks

Short responses. What do they mean? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a girl I like, she is extremely shy. I have tried to converse with her over email, giving her compliments, asking her general questions, to try to get her to talk with me. She always responds, but with one or two words... not enough to reply to. I see her at school, but I know she would...

Jack the Ripper responses [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know a site or a book that has some responses to the Jack the ripper murders by eyewitnesses and the media. I need this for a very important history assignment. Please help!

View more questions Search