Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Cleaning restaurant bid
    Is there a going rate for cleaning the front room on a restaurant?
    I am going to be bidding on cleaning a restaurant but don't know what the going rate is in Florida. The restaurant is app. 5,000 sq ft.
    They only want me to do the front room. Vacuuming, dusting, inside window washing, rest rooms are included in the bid.
    Thank you
    Final Touch Pro, llc
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 03:09 AM
    First question from me is, how much cleaning experience have you had cleaning for others in order to make money? It's very important that we know that here.

I'm not sure of the going rates in Florida for this kind of service. You could call around to ask what people are charging. You could also ask people at janitorial supply places as to what might be the going rates depending on the services that are provided. Janitorial supply personnel might really be "hip" as to the going rates.

My suggestion would be to set a monetary figure as to what you want to make per hour and base an estimate on how many hours it's going to take you to do the job. If you or they are going to be providing the tools and supplies, then that would also figure into the estimate. But, the bottom line for me would be what I would want to come up with an estimate as to what I wanted to make per hour without having to provide the tools and supplies. If you provide the tools to do the job, then you would charge just a little more. If you provide the supplies, such as cleaning liquids, paper of any kind, then I would charge a lot more.

Other things that you have to consider in what you will be charging, are what you are paying for at least liability insurance for just the business and insurance for your business vehicle as well as the usual maintenance on it. If this job might require you to travel a considerable distance in order to get to it, then I would also suggest adding some for mileage for what you charge the customer.

Thanks!
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Clough
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    I have had 17 years experience in the residential cleaning but have just now gone into the commercial cleaning aspect of it and finding it hard to get started.
    I will do what you say and see if that helps me.
    It's very hard to get estimates on the phone as no one wants to give them to you but I will keep trying. Someplaces will do it I'm sure.
    nanc1430

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restaurant Budget [ 2 Answers ]

What types of items should I put into a restaurant budget? Such as, bar and kitchen equiptment, dining room furniture, etc. What is the average cost for that and anything else I need? The restaurant part is 6500 sq ft.

The Restaurant [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.' The other man...

One restaurant to two, what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a sole propietership business, no employees, me and my wife only. We are going to rent the kitchen of a nightclub/bar, we are also going into partnership with someone to buy current pizza shop and change over to our pizza food and name. What do I need to do license wise and tax wise. We...

Restaurant job [ 1 Answers ]

Im a teen looking for a part time job... and I'm planning on working at a restaurantbut I have no work experience. I have my resume done and all but I have no idea how to apply fofr the job? Like who should I ask? What do I say? :o haha and what should I wear to an interview? If I do get one

Restaurant Name [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to open a take-out/delivery type of steakhouse and I've come up with the name Bully's. And have a bull as the logo that looks like a bully. But someone told me that that sends the wrong message,can anyone please help. I would really appreciate as many replies to this as possible as like a...

View more questions Search